ASDA Black Friday event....

Pearls18

Reaction score
Anyone else intrigued about what this will entail? It's instore only, their marketing has worked on me!!

https://www.asda.com/black-friday/i...-ghs-corp-_-brands-dsk-_-TotallyHer-_-Pilgrim

Me and OH both work for asda. In our store It includes bikes, games, toys, kitchen stuff etc. Staff don't know what exactly and everything is wrapped up in the stands they're to be displayed in. It'll only be unveiled to staff at 8am too!

Customers can only buy one of each product.

Me and OH both work for asda. In our store It includes bikes, games, toys, kitchen stuff etc. Staff don't know what exactly and everything is wrapped up in the stands they're to be displayed in. It'll only be unveiled to staff at 8am too!

Thank you, it's so intriguing, I don't even really need anything but I'm tempted to go into a store lol!!

Thank you, it's so intriguing, I don't even really need anything but I'm tempted to go into a store lol!!

Im working 7 till 12 so will maybe pop to see unveiling then have a proper mooch when im done :)

I'm intrigued too! I may have to nip in and have a look xxx

question, i know i have not lived in Scotland for a long time but how do you have black Friday when you dont celebrate the same thanksgiving as America...LOL

very interesting...:)

question, i know i have not lived in Scotland for a long time but how do you have black Friday when you dont celebrate the same thanksgiving as America...LOL

As someone on tv said "if America sneezes we catch the cold" lol. It's one of the busiest shopping days of the year as it's the last payday before Christmas for people who get paid end of the month so it was an easy consumerist event to pass on it's nothing to do with thanksgiving here. It's mostly the American retailers though asda being owned by Walmart and amazon is international, plus apple.

As someone on tv said "if America sneezes we catch the cold" lol. It's one of the busiest shopping days of the year as it's the last payday before Christmas for people who get paid end of the month so it was an easy consumerist event to pass on it's nothing to do with thanksgiving here. It's mostly the American retailers though asda being owned by Walmart and amazon is international, plus apple.

thanks for explaining...lol oh oh who sneezed this holiday over..LOL

I had no idea asda was owned by walmart....
I dont know if you still have it there, but I used to love to shop at Shoprite food supermarket over there...so much cheaper then regular food supermarkets by a thousand percent.
It was weird though cause we have it here and here, its not cheap....

I'm dying to go but by the time I've fed LO, got him dressed and got myself dressed it will be like 10am ish so no doubt all the good stuff will be gone by then :(

Pay day for everyone .. unless you get a cheque !! GRRRR hahaha. Who gives someone a paycheck on a Friday, drives me mad, won't get "paid" till like wednesday.
Might go look anyways. Nosey parker that I am.

Pay day for everyone .. unless you get a cheque !! GRRRR hahaha. Who gives someone a paycheck on a Friday, drives me mad, won't get "paid" till like wednesday.

A cheque?! Oh no that's rubbish!

My oh works for asda too he works nights,will be sending him back down in the morning before the school run to have a look. Hoping to have a nice bargain along with our 10% colleague discount card :)

My oh works for asda too he works nights,will be sending him back down in the morning before the school run to have a look. Hoping to have a nice bargain along with our 10% colleague discount card :)

Can you report back what was there please? Just out for nosiness really lol!!

Yeah I know :dohh: It's always more annoying when cheque day falls on a Friday, cos you notice being skint more at the weekends don't ya :haha:
When we get cheque on a Monday or Tuesday i'm not as fussed, but FRIDAY!! :growlmad: Even worse when they give you it the friday or thursday before a bank holiday. Think last Christmas/newyears it took nearly two weeks to clear because of all the bank closures etc.

Yeah I know :dohh: It's always more annoying when cheque day falls on a Friday, cos you notice being skint more at the weekends don't ya :haha:
When we get cheque on a Monday or Tuesday i'm not as fussed, but FRIDAY!! :growlmad: Even worse when they give you it the friday or thursday before a bank holiday. Think last Christmas/newyears it took nearly two weeks to clear because of all the bank closures etc.

Ah that's so draconian, who even uses cheques anymore?!

I get paid in cash and find that annoying because its too easily spend and I have to bank it anyway haha. I start my new job soon though and will be weekly pay in my account!! xx

That's what I said ! Oh works for a very small company and I think it's so they can hold their money for longer... Arr well :) Roll on NEXT friday :p

Plus I just remembered I have work tomorrow till 11, Can't see there being much point after that !

Of course,I should know by about 8:30 :) Black Friday was online last year for asda and lasted for around a week,wish they were doing this instead of instore

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->