Asda vs Aldi

littletobyj

Reaction score
I normally do our regular food shop at Asda and apart from a handful of things that we never stray from certain brands we pretty much buy Asda's own. So I decided to give Aldi a try this week, stuck to generic things which you can't really go wrong with like fruit and veg and some meat products.
Going to see over the next week how the stuff compares-anyone any feedback-what is ok what to stay away from? I got my receipt and put it into an Asda basket online and my shop was £20 cheaper than what I thought was already quite cheap!! I do vary where I shop, I often get nice bits from waitrose or Marks so don't mind mixing in some cheap and cheerful basics. £960 a year is quite a saving though!

iv just started shopping at aldi.

fruit and veg is rubbish!

Nappies mamia are amazing! and ill never buy pampers again!

there cereals and pop ect are fab :)

asda smart price.beans,cornflakes(they are made at kellogs)
the chocolate takes expensive and its 35p!
orange apple juice is nice. my dd loves the blackcurrent juice

Hi
I always shopped at asda for everything, brands & asda own brands stuff. But ive started a love affair with aldi, its great! & 1/2s my weekly shop too!
Their meat is great (even their cheapest beef mince isnt fatty.) I also buy their fruit & veg, but i have had 1 dodgy bunch of bananas (& im quite selective!). I get my freezer food, my jars & cans, & cupboard food from there.
I also absolutely LOVE mamia nappies :)
The only things i still buy from asda is fruit juice & squash, crisps, fizzy drink & bread. I like an unecessary browse around george clothing too! :)
x

Stalking :)

I love asda but have also been to aldi.

Is it really that much cheaper? I thought it was similar in prices but I prob want paying enough attention.

I like mamia nappies too! £4.49 bargain!!

I did buy some kiwis once and they took like 2 weeks to rippen and even then they were like rocks! :shrug:

The 'cheerios' are nice tho :)

I must admit I do like a good look around the extra bits in Asda like George and their seasonal stuff.
I was suprised at the cost difference although I can't see me actually saving it as it just gave me £20 to spend on other things! We haven't tried much of the stuff yet but the tinned carrots and honey loops have gone down fine with the family. Am trying the meatballs out tomorrow night :)

I second the Aldo nappies-fab!
I heard there Jaffa cakes did better than leading brands in a taste test too.
Xx

Their breaded camembert oven melt things are delicious!! Very bad, but delicious! :) Xx

Aldi hula hoops taste just like the real thing! I find their fruit, veg and meat fantastic.
Their baby wipes are also brill. Nappies are the only brand that have ever given lo nappy rash, so I don't rate them. Their frozen chips are also good :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->