Asian Girly Names ?

Heather212

Reaction score
Hellooo everybody!

I need some help finding suitable names for a girl. I don't really know what I'm having yet but I don't really have any girls names so I want to make sure I choose some sooner than later.

Also I don't know whether to give her an "American" name or an Asian one. I do want her to have a name that isn't totally alien to her heritage, though she will be 1/4th White on my side.

When I was with my Eastern European ex I had picked out a bunch of Eastern European names, that's also why I need new ideas :blush:

But maybe I should choose a regular name and let my BF choose a Chinese one for her as well, which he has both himself... so I guess feel free to contribute any name that you think would be good :)

I actually like the name "Juanita" for some reason, I think it's cute lol.

I also like Gianna as in "Gianna Marie."

I used to like "Jackie" a lot but I ended up naming my cat that so that might be a bit weird LMAO!

Oh and my mom likes the name Constanze (it was going to be my sister's name if I ever had one) but it does sound a bit... German, still I'm considering it, haha.

Thoughts? :)

Hhmm... not sure as far as "Asian names"

How about some American names with some "asian flair" lol

Laila
Leilani
Kaylana
Kiara
Amari
Amaya
Aria
Aaliyah

I love Gianna... my niece is Gianna Elizabeth!

By Asian do you mean Chinese/ Japanese/ Indian??

Thanks Ruby! Those are some really nice names :flower:

Yeah Gianna is a really nice name, I am part Italian so I guess it wouldn't be so far off to name my kid that. I also like Kaylani and Kiara, really cute :)

I like the name Keiko too but I'm afraid it might not be a great idea to choose a Japanese origin name since my BF is Chinese and I dunno how his family feels about the Japanese. I think they're pretty open minded but you never know about this type of thing LOL

Hi Kiwi! I meant East Asian, I probably should have wrote that 'cause I heard that in the UK Asian=Indian, right? Here in the U.S. it's the opposite (Asian=East Asian) LOL. I do like Indian origin names though, so I might consider one anyway :)

If you consider Indian names, how about Indira? I love that name but DH doens't :(

Summer
Eliza
Amarah
Sumaya
Zobia
Hanaya
Alisha
Madiha
Alayna
Fatima
Kaya

Jasmine (my step mu says that jasmine is asian as well as british)
Kiran

That's all I've got :haha: (My step mum is indian, my sister's name is Jasmine Kiran :blush: )

Amaya pronounced a-mya
you can spell it:
amia
amya
amaia

Thanks Ruby! Those are some really nice names :flower:

Yeah Gianna is a really nice name, I am part Italian so I guess it wouldn't be so far off to name my kid that. I also like Kaylani and Kiara, really cute :)

I like the name Keiko too but I'm afraid it might not be a great idea to choose a Japanese origin name since my BF is Chinese and I dunno how his family feels about the Japanese. I think they're pretty open minded but you never know about this type of thing LOL

Hi Kiwi! I meant East Asian, I probably should have wrote that 'cause I heard that in the UK Asian=Indian, right? Here in the U.S. it's the opposite (Asian=East Asian) LOL. I do like Indian origin names though, so I might consider one anyway :)

I am in New Zealand and when Asian is said, I would think Chinese or Japanese, but figure I needed to clarify. Seems you would be after more Chinese names than Japanese so here are ones I've found that I like:
Li Mei (or just Mei) (meaning beautiful)
Mulan
Lei (meaning thunder)
You could change the spelling to make it look more "english". Honestly, Chinese names are hard to find!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->