Asking for a payrise...

lolapalooza

Reaction score
Hi ladies I've been at my job for about 18 months, about 6 months ago my line manager left and was not replaced. In turn I took on a chunk of the work. My pay wasn't discussed at the time and I took on the extra bits work as it was things I liked doing and was happy to get on with. It's now 6 months down the line and I've not been offered anything extra so I feel like it's time to ask but I'm so nervous about asking!!! I've made a list of the things I was doing previously and the extra things I've taken on in the past few months but is there anything else I can prep myself with before I ask???! I'm useless at things like this!!!! TIA xx

Look up the going rate for your job in your area? Factor in extra hours you have to do?
Have you not had an appraisal or review at all?

Xx

We don't have annual appraisals or anything like that... I do wish we did sometimes as then you know what to be working towards iykwim?? I will look at the salary checker thing xxx

this is exactly same situation as me i printed off some similar job adverts with rate of pay on to show at my meeting.

I asked my boss for a rise by stating that i was doing x, y and z extra. And felt that it should show in my pay check

But tbf i also told him id stop if i wasnt rewarded, but that game can be risky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->