asking for money instead of gifts?

missk1989

Reaction score
Anyone done it? How did you approach it? Did it go down well or were people offended?

I'm going to find a poem to put in the invites asking for money towards the honeymoon.

My aunt was on the phone to me today telling me to ask people for money. I said I can't do that, it's rude! However if someone asked what we would like as a gift, I would say we would be better off with the money. But I can't just randomly ask people for money.

I don't think it's rude, it saves people spending money on something you don't want and won't use.

It does feel rude but it makes sense for us. We have lived together for 4 years and have recently moved house so we have everything we need. All we want is to get married!

We're in the same boat, there are a few poems on google that are nice :) xx

We put a poem in our invites saying a gift is not needed but if you would like to then we'd like money to go towards a honeymoon x

we've done it and to be honest I wish we hadn't, because everybody has now just asked me personally exactly what we want... it's so awkward and made for some pretty uncomfortable conversations! I wouldn't do it again to be honest. xx

Theres some cool money poems, but were not putting a poem in as OH thinks its rude xx

I have a poem in my invites, I could copy it if anyone would like it. Xx

Could I see what it said? I'm intrigued! And trying to decide whether to do it or just spread hints by word of mouth about preferring money towards the honeymoon x

Here is the one from my invites, if you cannot see it let me know and I will write it out, I'm on my phone ATM which is why I have took picture. I am having cheque book style invitations.

Hope it's of some help :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members