Asking to go back to nappies

MrsC10

Mummy
Reaction score
We've been potty training DD now for two weeks. She's been doing ok and will wee/poo if we take her to the potty and has gone 2 days at nursery without any accidents. Sitting on the potty tonight, she asked for her pants to be changed back into nappies. When her dad was running her bath she pooped in her pants. Her dad asked if she wanted pants she said that she didn't and that she wanted to poop in her nappy.
Is this just a phase or is she just not ready? Should we persevere or go back to nappies for a few more months?

I think that if she is given the impression that she has a choice, she is far more likely to decide she wants diapers, but if you're firm about being done With diapers and she sees that going in her pants doesn't change that, it's far more likely to be a passing phase.

I think that if she is given the impression that she has a choice, she is far more likely to decide she wants diapers, but if you're firm about being done With diapers and she sees that going in her pants doesn't change that, it's far more likely to be a passing phase.

I hadn't thought of it sounding to her like she has a choice. Good point x
Although she wasn't prompted at all when she wanted her pants changed back into nappies....

Our daughter is potty trained now but she had a brief stint where she wanted her diapers and I allowed her to I just made abig deal about how she wasn't a big girl if she was in diapers and how Boo (from monster Inc) was such a big girl for using the big potty. The next day we went back to underwear and she didn't say anything about diapers again.

Our daughter is potty trained now but she had a brief stint where she wanted her diapers and I allowed her to I just made abig deal about how she wasn't a big girl if she was in diapers and how Boo (from monster Inc) was such a big girl for using the big potty. The next day we went back to underwear and she didn't say anything about diapers again.

This is a good example of where it is really important to know your kid when trying a strategy. The above example would have totally flopped with my oldest, but would have had the possibility of working with my youngest.

Yea I tried three times over the course eof a year to potty train. Literally one day we were watching monsters.inc and I happened to say "oh look boo is using the big potty!" From the second on she wanted to use the big potty. I didn't expect much but rolled.with it. It took a month but we got there. Then she ended up night training herself basically. We realized for two weeks her pull up was dry when she woke up. Poop was our big hurdle she hold it for days. We used a very small amount of miralax to help her go and once the first two poops were done on the potty she was totally good to go. We never used a floor potty only the regular potty with a seat insert and she able to use any size potty without an insert now which is nice for traveling or if we are out. We keep a small floor potty in our trunk for emergencies but haven't had to use it yet!

My two went through both went through a phase or two of wanting nappies back and I just went with it. I let them wear nappies for a week and went back to the potty again. We started really young with them so I didn't want to put too much pressure on them and when I noticed it was causing stress I backed off a bit. It was a more gradual approach but worked fine. They were both out of nappies night and day at about 2 but as I say we started unusually early so it was quite a gradual process. If you feel your girl is mature enough to deal with it now I am sure sticking with it will probably have faster results.

It's not uncommon for a child to be potty trained but still want to poo on a nappy. My friends Ds was using the potty or toilet for piddles but it was nearly 3 months later before he would use it to poo - he'd be nappy free all day then ask to put one on to poo in, when he was done he'd be happy to get pants on again. My friend knew that he would normally poo standing up before potty training so it wasn't natural for him to sit down to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->