Asparagus

sparkle

Wife, Mumma....
Reaction score
So for lunch today Cormack is having Jersey Royal Potatoes (sent over by my Mum from the field next door) and asparagus, all as finger food. He seems to be loving it but I suddenly thought- it is ok to give him asparagus isn't it? OH and I eat it all the time and since we want him to be on family food in the end I thought it would be good.
He's mostly just sucking it and gumming it a bit!!

i gave katieasparagus a few weeks ago! i was at my mums and we were having steak, chips and asparagus and she wanted somethin, so it seemed the most natural thing to give her!

she did the same as cormack, just gumming and sucking and trying to bend it in half to get the whole thing in! not sure if they're meant to have it mind!!

Brooklynn has been having asparagus for ages, she loves it and she hasn't seemed to suffer any ill effects. I did mention to the health nurse that I was giving it to her and she didn't see any problems with it. Good luck I hope he enjoys it

This is what I found...8-10mo and why...

Asparagus, like broccoli or cauliflower, is not a good choice for one of Baby's first vegetables as it may cause gas and may be a bit hard for a young infant to digest. Asparagus is best given to an infant between 8-10 months old. If your baby has had any digestive issues, it would be best to introduce asparagus into the diet later rather than sooner!

Many people find that asparagus gives them a bit of gassiness and bloating so watch for this when you feed your baby asparagus.

Hope that helps :)

Oh yeah broccoli can be really gassy..most green veggies are..especially things like leafy greens.

Thanks, the asparagus didn't seem to have any affect at all. Cauliflower makes him really gassy tho! But he doesnt seem to mind!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->