ASPIRIN the magical cure for miscarriages??

Well GP has advised that as I haven't been tested for clotting disorders I shouldn't take it and that as we have only had one loss it isn't needed! Obviously the NHS cares so little about pregnancies in the first trimester that he isn't interested in trying to prevent anything that could happen.

Have decided to still take it as I feel that it is being productive and as there is no harm in such a small dose it will only be beneficial.

Is anyone else self medicating with aspirin or is it just under doctors orders?

I'm self-medicating, but mainly because my previous doctor was terrible and never got back to me on the question. I'm switching to an OB this week and may bring it up during the appointment tomorrow.

I do go back and forth whether or not to even bring it up with the doc. I have read the studies, and there is no known harm of taking baby aspirin, but some doctors seem adamantly against it anyways. That being said, its probably a good thing that your doc knows what you're on so that he/she can warn you of any risks and/or contraindications with other medications.

Hopestruck thank you hun :flower: Glad to know I am not alone on self medicating, always feels really bad when you go against your GP wishes especially when it is to do with a pregnancy!

Will definitely tell my midwife at booking in appointment about the aspirin and just explain it was advised by a midwife at the EPU after last loss.

FeistyFidget - You are definitely not alone! There are other women on B&B who have self-medicated too. I was thinking of telling my OB the same thing - that another doctor recommended it to me ;) I have my appt today and I think I'll gauge the situation and see if he brings it up first. So far I have no adverse side effects to report, and I have a strong feeling this little bean is going to stick this time. I'm gonna keep taking that aspirin!

Thanks Hopestruck :flower:

Would really love to know how your appointment went and whether or not you brought the aspirin up!

Hi Fiesty,

So the appointment went really well, I am very satisfied with my new doc! He was super friendly, respectful, supportive, not rushed, and gave me all the info I needed. I didn't ask about aspirin (only remembered at the end of the app, and then I felt kinda meh about bringing it up). I have a feeling he would have been neutral though (based on his neutral opinion about progesterone). If all goes well at my ultrasound next week I will bring it up with him and let you know what he says :)

Thanks hun, so glad everything went so well and you are happy with your doctor :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->