ASPIRIN the magical cure for miscarriages??

Aww fides that is wonderful marvellous news, you have made my day!! Mny congratulations to you x x x

Im taking prometrium and 75 mg of aspirin every day! After two losses, my Dr said if it is anything preventable the progesterone or aspirin would take care of it. Praying something works. In July I reached 12 weeks and thought I was in the clear, I dont know when Im actually going to relax this time around.

Hey ladies! I'm here to update my answer, again. I got my :bfp: two days ago at 9 DPO! I just reread through this thread and noticed that every woman who said they are on an aspirin regimen is either still pregnant or has given birth! That's amazing!

Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: Yes, with last pregnancy started at 9 weeks after heart-rate dropped. Ended in miscarriage at 10 weeks.

Pregnant now? / Weeks? Yes/3 weeks 4 days

Taking aspirin for present pregnancy? Yes

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? Started 81mg at :bfp: (9 DPO)

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? Not yet

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? My doctor said a low dose couldn't hurt and is a good preventative.

Any more treatments during pregnancy? Progesterone

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? No

Good luck Mom2 - I'm taking aspirin this time around, so have just read through this thread with great interest, so sorry to read about your loss and really wish you the best this time :hugs:

I started taking 75mg after a scan last week where I should have been 6+3 by LMP but was measured around 5 weeks (didn't get bfp until a few days after AF was due so it is feasible that I ovulated late, although I am a bit worried...) the consultant didn't prescribe it, but did say that given my family history it wouldn't do any harm to take 75mg a day (grandfather died of a blood clot due to thrombosis, mum is on warfarin)

I've also been prescribed high dose folic acid and vit D, and am taking pregnancy vits with omega 3.

Just an update ladies - i'm still on aspirin been told to stay on it till 30 weeks, i'm 21 weeks now and all is going well - have 75mg in morning and same in the evening. All my scans have shown a healthy baby so fingers crossed this ones a keeper.

I've met a couple people since being pregnant that have both had successful pregnancies with aspirin, one had 5 miscarriages then was put on aspirin and has now got 2 beautiful children and is pregnant with no. 3 [all on aspirin] just thought it would be nice for you all to hear positive stories.

Good luck to you all x

Hi Ladies! I am glad to hear all of the success stories with baby aspirin. I have had two miscarriages in the past, one at 5 weeks and the other at 6 weeks. They were both last year and were devastating. This time I started taking baby aspirin right before I suspected ovulation, and am now 9 weeks and one day along! Have seen the heartbeat and everything is fine so far!!! I hope this is my miracle drug, my doctor said I could keep taking it-- it won't do any harm but she didn't think that it was doing anything!!!

Congratulations Pommy, so happy for you. It is pretty awesome that everyone on this thread taking aspirin from the beginning is still pregnant or has given birth! So far so good on my pregnancy too!

I had a mmc last year and came to suspect that my blood was a bit too sticky, so started taking it at roughly 5 weeks with this one.

Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: No never taken it

Pregnant now? yes 12w1d

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? 75mg, started at 5 weeks ish.

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? 2 successful ones before my mmc no asprin.

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? Only you have to stop taking it a few weeks before delivery?? Doctor said its fine as long as it doesn't start to irritate my stomach, and to stop it at 32 weeks pregnant.

Any more treatments during pregnancy? No just multivits

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? Not technically diagnosed with anything...but when I injure myself I clot like nobody's business and my blood seemed really thick. Since being on asprin I injured myself on a potato peeler (Yes I know lol) and it actually bled for a few minutes instead of seconds!

Thanks girls and the very best of luck to you! Taking aspirin with my last pregnancy was irrelevant anyway as it was abnormal (trisomy 18) Will definitely be taking it for the next pregnancy though! X

Hello!

I'm sorry for all your losses. MC are so hard to go trough:cry:

I've "only'' had one MC at 5 weeks, and really hope I will NEVER have to go trough this again. After 5 months of TTC and no BFP, I decided to take baby aspirin after ovulation, and got my BFP. I stopped the aspirin when I found it, but MC 5 days later. I'm pretty sure being on the aspirin didn't cause the MC, so it was most likely either chromosomal, or stopping the aspirin made it happen.

So this cycle i took aspirin again after ovulation, and got my BFP at 9 dpo. Went for a blood test last thursday (10 dpo), and my levels were at 25. I have another beta monday, and I really hope this time I will have a sticky bean. I haven't told my husband, I want to see if this one has a chance to begin with. But I have a feeling it will :)

melfy, Congratulations on your :bfp:! I would highly recommend not stopping the baby aspirin. Talk to your doctor about it, but most doctors agree that it won't do any harm, but it has done a lot of good for a lot of us.

After 3 consecutive losses I started taking aspirin this time at ovulation and have continued. So far I've had great HCG levels and my first ultrasound came out perfect, showed baby right on track at 7w+2 with a heart rate of 141!

Thanks for your reply :) I was a little worried about some people saying aspirin could hinder implantation, but I did get my BFP, so I don't think it hindered anything...The day I MC, my levels were at 11, so I don't know if stopping the aspirin 5 days before could have made my levels drop so fast, because I stopped at 17 ish dpo, so my levels should have been high anyway, and I got my bfp at 14 dpo. So I don't know what to think, and I guess I will never know the answer, especially since first time pregnancies losses seem so common :(

But deep down, I just feel like the low dose aspirin has something to do with me getting pregnant. My mom had endometriosis and tried for 6 years. When she had her lap after 1 year of TTC, they told her it was a very mild case and shouldn't affect her fertility. As I was doing my research, I stumbled on articles that showed a higher of ANA and NK cells in patients with endometriosis. So I don't know, maybe I got it too or got ANA or something. They didn't want to test since it was my first MC. And my mom never got a BFP before me.

Aw melfy, I really hope this is your sticky one fxfxfxfx

Melfy, I have mild endo and was diagnosed with aggressive nkcells.

They will normally only test you after three losses because after two you are still very likely to have a successful pregnancy :thumbup:

Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: not until now

Pregnant now? / Weeks? Yes 14wks

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? Started on this successful cycle. Stopped after starting lovenox. Started back up. Per doc orders at 10 wks. 81mgs

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? N/A. First pg using it. So far all is good.

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? something about platelets won't form possibly bc of it.

Any more treatments during pregnancy? Yes. Lovenox 40mg once a day and was also on 90mgs of progesterone cream (gel) for the first tri

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? Yes works w lovenox to. Keep my body from ending the pg bc of a + antibodies test

Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: took it for first time when preg with DS

Pregnant now? / Weeks? Yes 11wks

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? Started on BFP, 75mg.

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? Took with DS

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? Can affect implantation

Any more treatments during pregnancy? None

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? Recurrent losses thought to be due to endometriosis (it's thought to stop prostaglandins released by endo deposits causing m/c)

Hi, I am currently 15 weeks pregnant after a loss last year due to PPROM at 16 weeks...

Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: No

Pregnant now? Yes, 14 weeks 6 days

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? Started last week at 14 + 2 on consultant's recommendation - 75mg per day

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? 2 successful pregnancies, never taken aspirin before

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? I will have to stop at 36 weeks because it can't be too close to the birth

Any more treatments during pregnancy? Multi vitamins, fish oil, folic acid

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? Yes, apart from the loss last year, I have a kidney condition which means I am at risk from pre eclampsia. Apparently aspirin helps keep bp low, and improves blood flow to baby. Because I leak protein, I have to have regular growth scans.

Hi girls!

Well I got bad news today. I did a blood test yesterday, and my levels went up to 653, but were 533 4 days ago. So I'm loosing my little bean:cry:

I'm just so sad and so upset. Did the baby aspirin do this? It doesn't really make sense. Or do I have another issue, like progesterone or clotting issue that even aspirin won't fix? Or just bad luck?? I don't know:cry:

So I have another blood test tomorrow, to see if it went up on down. There's always the possibility of an ectopic. I just hate myself right now, and feel totally helpless:cry:

Hi girls!

Well I got bad news today. I did a blood test yesterday, and my levels went up to 653, but were 533 4 days ago. So I'm loosing my little bean:cry:

I'm just so sad and so upset. Did the baby aspirin do this? It doesn't really make sense. Or do I have another issue, like progesterone or clotting issue that even aspirin won't fix? Or just bad luck?? I don't know:cry:

So I have another blood test tomorrow, to see if it went up on down. There's always the possibility of an ectopic. I just hate myself right now, and feel totally helpless:cry:

Oh, Melfy, I'm so sorry. :hug: I know exactly how you feel. I was totally confused as to what could have caused my losses and how to prevent them. I found a great doctor who is very proactive when it comes to saving babies. Definitely get your progesterone checked right away next time, you never know if something that simple could be the answer. :hugs: Don't hate yourself, you have nothing to do with it, you are doing everything you can to make sure you have a healthy baby. My doc told me that taking baby aspirin will do no harm and may help so there's no reason not to try it. I hope you get answers and a healthy baby soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->