asshole doctor

annie1983

Reaction score
Been for more meds today. Mentioned to doc I had been in hosp with hyperemesis and was struggling to keep anything down including my thyroxine. So he turned round and said oh well we woild report you to social services as thats classes as avoidance ! U need to take your meds for the baby. You dont feckin say ! How dare he ! Which part of hyperemesis and cant keep anything down did he not understand ? I ended up on the phone toy midwife in tears who told me to male a formal complaint.

Unbelievable. As if I wasn't miserable enough without being threatened by the person who is supposed to be there for suppport and advice !!!

Wow... I don't even know what to say. How completely unprofessional and quite frankly idiotic. Sorry but your doctor sounds about as sharp as a bowling ball. Would definitely file a complaint as he can't possibly think saying something like that to someone with hypermesis would fly. What a moron.

Was it his attempt at humour?

Social services would get very cross for him wasting their time if he called. Even if you were intentionally avoiding taking medication he's still not really got a case to report.

He was deadly serious. I said to him are u right in the head ? How can you class it as avoidance of I CANT KEEP IT DOWN. Duuhhhh. I went straight out and told the receptionist he was off his rocker !! He has totally won the 'dickhead of the day' award !

I can't believe he would say that so seriously.

Perhaps a joke but certainly in poor taste nonetheless.

That's so out of order. I'd definitely complain and see a different doctor in future.

Been for more meds today. Mentioned to doc I had been in hosp with hyperemesis and was struggling to keep anything down including my thyroxine. So he turned round and said oh well we woild report you to social services as thats classes as avoidance ! U need to take your meds for the baby. You dont feckin say ! How dare he ! Which part of hyperemesis and cant keep anything down did he not understand ? I ended up on the phone toy midwife in tears who told me to male a formal complaint.

Unbelievable. As if I wasn't miserable enough without being threatened by the person who is supposed to be there for suppport and advice !!!

What an asshole?!

Completely inappropriate!

Write a letter to the Practice manager and formally complain, he had no grounds to threaten you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->