Assisted deliveries

xxxemmaxxx

Reaction score
Ive had two so far, first ventouse second forceps.
Am due for my first midwife in a couple of weeks - will this come up?
Has anyone here always had to have assisted on every birth?

It came up for me because there was a section in my notes about previous deliveries and since I had other complications during my labour I had to see a consultant at 13 weeks to discuss delivery options. I had forceps and an episiotomy with my first but a quick, unassisted delivery with my second. :)

Hmm I wonder what they will say to me if my first and second were assisted.
The second resulting in a 10lb baby too.
Just hope its not brushed under the carpet as its taken nearly two years to recover from it.

I would make sure you discuss your fears properly with the midwife. It's likely that having a big baby last time you might be consultant led this time. I had an EMCS followed by a VBAC that ended with forceps. I'm also worried that this labour would end in forceps too as both my children were stuck despite my pushing and both were back to back so I fear my pelvis may not be the right shape! I also lost a lot of blood last time so I will be making sure I have a good chat with my consultant about what could happen and what they think might be best.

A friend of mine had to have an assisted delivery with her first that was very traumatic so she asked for an ELCS with her second. You can ask for that if you want to if you are worried about the trauma of another assisted birth.

My first was ventouse for a couple of reasons. Firstly, his head was deflected. Secondly, I'd had an epidural and was exhausted so my pushing was pretty wimpy. I'm hoping I have more luck this time around, but we shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->