Asthma medicine?

Starlight32

Reaction score
Does anyone take asthma medicine while pregnant? What kind?

Any asthma medicine prescribed by your doctor is safe. I'm asthmatic and I've taken both ventolin and seratide inhalers in my pregnancies. I wouldn't take anything unless you're under the care of your doctor, but if they're prescribed it to you (not to someone else and you're just using it), they are perfectly fine.

I talked to my doctor and they have me taking Pulmicort. They told me it was the only inhaler they recommend during pregnancy. But that's not my rescue inhaler, that's one I have to take every day to keep my asthma under control.

Hellojello my dr just prescribed that. I use albutoral as a rescue.

Did you use it when pregnant with your son?

I’ve occasionally taken ventolin (salbutamol) throughout all three pregnancies and my kids are fine. If your doctor has prescribed it it’s absolutely fine to take - remember that if you are short of breath your baby is also low on oxygen, so it’s very important you take your medication! Asthma medication is commonly taken during pregnancy and the babies turn out fine. :)

Starlight - I did not take it when pregnant with my son, because I honestly didn't even think about it affecting him in some way. After doing some reading online after he was born, I decided to ask my doctor about it the next time I was pregnant, and that's what they switched me to.

Jello- I'm curious, what were you taking with him?

Sorry, I'm terrible at checking this forum since I'm not "officially" in second tri yet. I was taking Dulera with my first, and I think I was on Symbicort for the first few weeks with him as well before I switched insurances (and thus had to switch medications).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->