asthma taking inhaler while in labour have anybody heard of this????

fifi83

Reaction score
When I went to see the midwife yesterday, she was asking if I was asthmatic when I told her I was, she said something on the lines off, well when you go into labour make sure you bring it cos when the timing is right you take a puff and it will bring the birth on………. Something like that my head was all over as I got told off for crossing my legs so just gave a little laugh as you do :headspin:.

Any body else heard off this? Next time I see her I will ask her again.

I used my inhaler while I was in labor with my dd and plan to use it again while in labor with this baby. I was told it helps keep my airway open in order for the baby to get enough oxygen.

This is correct, it just makes sure your breathing is kept in order and you get enough oxygen...
dont take to much cos you'll get head spins!!!

LOL. I know what to take into the delivery room with me then

Yep its correct!!!! I have used my inhaler with two of my 3 labours xxxxxxxxxxxxx wont need use this time due to c sectio xxxxx

I asked my MW about this and she said that its stupid to use an inhaler during labour but I guess it depends on which one you use, I know sabutomol should not be used during labour as this helps keep the cervix closed, I wouldn't do it myself now after my mw said that she wouldn't advise it

Oh i going to ask my mf what she said again when i next see her was a bit fuzzy headed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->