Asthma

Ive had asthma since a child, all my family has it. I find winter can be hard yes but i suffer more in summer as i have hayfever too. Keep it under control with inhalers and sometimes tablets is best thing, dont stop them unless advised to do so :)

I personally don't have asthma.. My little girl does, and your right with the cold weather she has been worse with it x

I've had asthma best part of my life but my mum n dad didn't realise and it took a chest infection when I was about 15 to realise I had it/get it diagnosed. I was originally just given salbutamol to take if and when I needed it. It wasn't until I moved town they sent me a letter to see an asthma nurse and I was put on Qvar and told to keep the salbutamol as back up if desperately needed. Before I got pregnant i'd wake up in the night wheezing - I could breathe but there was a rattle in the bottom of my lungs. So the nurse put me on a new pink one called Fostair - and it's so good! Except I have 4 puffs a day and it runs out within 25 days and my new doctor (moved town again) won't give me more than 1 a time :/

Basically my asthma nurse said if you're using salbutamol then you're not controlling your asthma. Also done plenty of peak flows and now above average for my height/age which is great - whereas before I was peaking well below (enough to have a Spirometry test).

Weather's always been a factor for me - cold especially, but this is the first winter I wasn't afraid to go out/walk in, I could actually breathe, so I know it's controlled now (except being pregnant and being on a steroid inhaler has given me oral thrush countless times, v annoying!)

Sorry I dunno if any of this helps i'm just rambling! lol xxx

Im now on a 6 week course of singulair, my asthma is always worse during the winter but this year it seems to be particually bad so my asthma burse has given me a 6 week course of singulair and then i have to go and see my gp in 6 weeks to see what the next step is. I hope everyone else is doing ok

I'm not bad had abit of weezing, since my last minor attack but a couple of puffs of my inhaler and was all, Sorry to hear you not great Jemma:(

My BIL was really poorly last week with it. I have never been around him when he has been bad , so to see him like that it was pretty shocking:(

Changing to goats milk is meant to be great for asthma suffers.

Lmao! ^^
I have asthma, however i think i am growing out of it, i haven't had a bad do with it since i was 16, i don't know if its helped since moving house? The winter still gets to me though, i get out of breath really quick, i am generally fine in summer though

i was dignosed with asthma as a child i have no idea why they took me off my meds because ever since i have been suffering, i am in my 20's now and gonig back to the doctor to demand that they put me on them, i am small and good weight, eat healthily and try and walk etc, but even walking is a nightmare i end up out of breath and feeling dizzy and sick and as if someone has put bricks on my cheast, i get this every singal day it gets worse with stress, more exercise and season....

i find it hard to breath all the time and wake up at night because i feel like i don't have enough oxygen in my body....

i am worried sick that they wont help me they checked my heart out as i was growing up and although it's a little slow nothnig wrong with it all EEG's clear.... when i was in labour with my son my heart was all over the place because i couldn't breath right, and when i was in high school during PE i used to always faint/collapse etc.... surely these are huge signs of asthma?

also i have huge amounts of allergies....

would be grateful for some advice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->