Asylum seekers want payout?

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
Ok first up i know this is the sun :haha: But i canot help but feel people really think this country is a pushover, asking for 100k for a holiday!? WTF? They say their human rights are not being given.. I think its mad tbh

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3716245/Asylum-seekers-Pay-for-us-to-have-a-holiday.html

But this inflammatory journalism at its peak. The money they are asking for (not that I agree with the claim) isnt for a holiday, its to afford their children the same lifestyle as UK children. TBH, the UK is a signatory of the Convention on Rights of the Child which states that ALL children have to be treated equally and refugee children have such appalling, inadequate lifestyles due to the inequality stemming from immigration law. Some empathy is called for. x

But they are getting £181 a week, will be getting their house and council tax paid, Free education which you do not get else where and free health care which you dont get else where, they will also no doubt be getting free school meals and uniform help.. Other children in this country's parents have the same "income" so why should they be treated any different then? If its about children being treated the same where does it stop? Every child HAS to have a holiday aboard every year? and if the parents cannot pay the govt will? Benefits are to survive on as Bnb mums themselfs will say how hard it is on benefits but they get by and they dont go "my human rights are not being met" .. Some people here live on less than £181 a week.

Just seems they are being greedy :shrug:

I do agree with you to some extent. I dont agree with a payout if its purely for a holiday or similar. Its just the press spend so much time picking on largely marginalized groups of society, inflamming public opinion and the end result is that these groups end up feeling even more isolated and worthless.

some people live on less than that and still have to pay rent/council tax etc.

My kids have never been on holiday and my husband earns a good wage! should i ask the government to fund a holiday?? errr no!

If they are that bothered about their human rights not being met in the UK they can always go back to where they came from. I'm sure they'd choose to stay here and manage though!

It seems like all of this 'human rights' issues are getting beyond a joke. Everyones human rights are affected at some point or another in their lives and now people think that somebody has to pay them compensation for it. I'm sure there is more to this story than them wanting 100k for a holiday, it is merely just a point the couple were using, but a lot of British citizens don't have holidays, but the Sun has run with that title.

When I go to places that have more than one floor and there is no lift, my son can't get to the 2nd floor being a wheelchair user, therefore his human rights have been affected. Do I try and sue somebody for compensation, no I get on with it. This is becoming beyond a joke now and I blame solicitors for jumping on the bandwagon and finding loopholes!!

if they get £181 a week and council housing etc... so virtually no bills then what the hell do the spend it on!! if you took out our housing,council tax and the money we use to pay them out of our budget we would be on well less than £181 per week ! my kids only got a holiday because my parents paid for it and they wont likely get another soon because we simply cant afford it but i dont go looking for extra handouts from the goverment to pay for us to go on holiday no I do what every other parent on a low income does and suck it up and get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->