At 13 weeks would i still fit into my dress?

Welshie

Reaction score
Just trying to work out when we should ttc and the furtherest along i could be for when we get married in florida.

We have been talking and would absolutley love to be 20 weeks so we could buy loads of stuff for baby when we are out there.

Would i be huge at 20 weeks? My dress is a tie back. But obviously i dont want a huge huge bump.

Oh desicions

I don't know about fitting into your dress but if you don't have any pressing reasons then I'd leave ttc until after the wedding.
A friend of mine just got married this year. They decided to ntnp a few weeks before the wedding, figuring it'll take a while anyway, and she spend the whole reception in the toilet. They'd planned the day for literally years (it was a really long engagement, I think 6 years?) and she didn't get to enjoy it because her morning sickness insisted on being there all day. Of course you can be lucky and not have any. But I wouldn't risk it myself...

I didnt have a bump at 13 weeks whatsoever and pretty small at 20wks but everyone carries differently.

https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/aryandeity/142.jpg
14 weeks here

https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/aryandeity/202.jpg
20 weeks here

I'm 22 weeks on Friday and am just at the stage where I need to buy maternity clothes!

It might depend on how small you are already, I was a UK size 6 before I was preg and am 13 weeks now, clothes are tight and uncomfortable and I have a bit of a pot belly, I am now wearing size 8-10, and can imagine I would show if I tried to put my dress on (I would probably pass out! :haha:)

Totally depends on the person - I didn't even tell work until I was 5 months along and no one knew. The possibility of morning sickness is there though - I was lucky not to have it but I know some people who were not so lucky and were in pretty rough shape at 12w.
But generally if it is your 1st you won't be huge!! Check out the 2nd tri bumps thread for pics - there is such a variety of shapes!
xx

I showed at 14 weeks. I was about 127lbs and 5'5 (normally 123). Lots of bloating. My bump now is 19 weeks. It's really something u can't predict.

i think it depends on ur size now n how tall u are cos i didnt show untill i was 21-23 weeks i was a size 8/10 n 5"8

It depends on the person hun, I was definitely showing by 13 weeks and was quite big by 20 weeks. As others have said tho, you could still be around your normal size then, it's hard to predict x

Everyone is different, but usually for first pregnancies, you don't show much at about 14 weeks. I didn't really start showing until about 20 weeks.

Growth-wise, the baby doesn't really rise above the pelvis line till around 12 weeks anyway. Usually, when people say they have a bump before this it is due to the excess water bloating a lot of people get in early pregnancy - and this can fluctuate.

xxx

Thanks everyone,

We have had a chat, and although i have come off the pill now, we wont start trying until end of June (our original date) then at the most i would be 10 weeks, We would pay for a scan before we went to make sure everything was ok.

I am a size 10/12 but i am quite small at 5ft 4, so i guess i would show quite early.

Hubby to be has said i can still buy stuff out there and then depends on the sex of baby i can give the other stuff away.

:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"