At a wedding...

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Would you expect to have wine on the tables? Our wedding is in roughly 6 weeks and we haven't paid for wine on our tables because we didn't want it and a lot of our friends and family don't drink it. The problem is the in laws do drink wine and are complaining because we aren't having it. Should we add it on or stick to our guns? xx

We had 1 big bottle in the middle,for the toasts...after that,they can buy their own..lol...most of it got left over anyway..maybe sparking water as a compromise?cheaper.xx

I do drink wine and always appreciate some on the table. I've been to weddings where it's not provided though and it's not the end of the world. You have to do what you feel is right and what you can afford. People who care about you won't be mad if there isn't wine on the tables, ultimately.

Every wedding I have been to has had it but I wouldn't be upset if it didn't .

We didn't have wine on the tables at the wedding, we had waitresses topping everyone up as soon as their glass looked slightly empty so we didn't need it on the tables as well.

we are not married but we went to my uncles wedding last month and they did have wine on the tables and we went to my best friends wedding back in june and she didnt have wine on the tables - tbh i didnt even notice lol

its your wedding do what you like your the ones paying for it!

If there's a bar, I wouldn't bother. Save your money.

I think people need to stop doing things within their weddings because of tradition and what's 'expected' ...Do what you want and what you can afford!!

I think people need to stop doing things within their weddings because of tradition and what's 'expected' ...Do what you want and what you can afford!!

This! We didn't have any alcohol at our wedding.

I agree with this. Do what you want, not what others want you to do. They will probably forget it in 6 months, you will remember it for the rest of your life :flower:

We didn't have any at our wedding. For my first wedding we did have an open bar but the alcohol was a gift from my ex's friend that worked for Mondavi. I would never put some on the tables and have never seen that. If you have it they can get it from the bar or the servers can bring champagne around for who wants it for the toast.

The venue where I got married offered bottles of wine on the table as part of the package and then we also had a full bar. I wouldn't have done the bottles in our case if it hadn't been included. But I think maybe you're talking about not serving alcohol at all? If you guys and most of your guests don't drink then I don't see the problem with having a dry wedding. If your inlaws need alcohol so badly then they should be the ones paying for it.

This!

It's no big deal I think. We didn't have wine on the tables, but our wedding was quite far from what was 'expected'. I'm sure most people wouldn't mind.

Happy wedding planning!

Do whatever you want to do. You know that ours wasn't conventional and I worried about it but no one cared at all! If you want to compromise then maybe one bottle per table for toasts and then let people buy their own. Do let people know in advance though!

We had a lot of alcohol on our tables at the wedding, but then we like wine with our meals. If it wasn't important to us we wouldn't have bothered. It's your wedding, if you don't want wine on the tables the guests will adjust! :)

I'd expect if it was a sit-down meal (as opposed to a buffet) but if you don't want to then its fine - I doubt anyone will mind!

Were buying everyone an arrival drink of their choice and providing Bucks Fizz for toasts so its not dry - we just don't want wine lol! Thanks ladies, you've made me feel much better about having what we want xx

I think it's good to supply a drink but we'll be supplying fruit juice! :) I can't afford to pay for my friends to get drunk, lol.

They want it, they pay!

Ooh yeah and were having a hot/cold buffet so I think it would be weird to have wine anyway!! Thanks again girls xx

We are but that's only because its part of the drinks package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->