At labor and delivery at 29 weeks- Updated

Spiffynoodles

4 kids 4 and under
Reaction score
So it's almost 2am and I'm in Labor and Delivery right now, hooked up to monitors. I started having contractions three hours ago, and according to the monitor, they're coming every 2-3 minutes. :( Hopefully they get them to stop! A doctor just checked my cervix to see if I was dilated. They said my cervix is still thick and 1cm dilated, so not too bad. They're going to check again in about an hour to see if there's been any change.

Any ladies with similar experiences care to share?

No experience but wanted to send you a hug, hope everything is ok xxx:hugs:

No experience but wanted to wish you the best, hope they can get them to stop!

No experience but hope they get them to stop. Good luck.

Maybe a silly question hun-but are they painful? Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago and I was hooked up to a monitor which showed 'regular uterine activity' and the fft test slightly positive for being in labour. My cervix was closed but they gave me steriods and kept me in with a crib next to my bed...I was also having mild period type cramping. I was so scared-either way nothing came of it! I hope the same happens for you xx If not then they told me at 28w baby had 98% chance of being absolutely fine..a week later and the odds go up so im really sure you're little one will be born healthy - just needing a little help in scbu :) xx

Maybe a silly question hun-but are they painful? Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago and I was hooked up to a monitor which showed 'regular uterine activity' and the fft test slightly positive for being in labour. My cervix was closed but they gave me steriods and kept me in with a crib next to my bed...I was also having mild period type cramping. I was so scared-either way nothing came of it! I hope the same happens for you xx If not then they told me at 28w baby had 98% chance of being absolutely fine..a week later and the odds go up so im really sure you're little one will be born healthy - just needing a little help in scbu :) xx

They're not very painful, but there's definitely some lower back ache with them, which is how my early labor contractions felt with DD, which is the main reason why I went in to get checked. Fortunately, the doctors are saying that it looks like they're calming down a little, and when the checked my cervix a few minutes ago, there had been no change, so that's a relief. They talked about maybe putting me on a medicine to help the contractions stop (something that starts with an "N" I think?), but I'll know more in a little while.

Good luk Hun, I'm sorry that this happened, hopefully they can stop them but even if they are unable to, baby has extremely good chance of being perfect like someone else said. Please keep us updated I'll be thinking of you x

I hope they are able to stop them. Its good that they are not affecting the cervix. :flower:

No experience - but I hope they can stop them.

I'm 29 weeks too, and thinking of u.

Mbig hugs xx

I had my contractions stopped at 28 weeks (was dilated 1cm and cervix thinned out). They were happening every 7 minutes, then 2...but after 2 days I was able to go home and I will be full term on Monday, so I'm sure you will be ok as well :flower:

Just wanted to send hugs and prayers. It sounds like everything is going to be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->