At labor and delivery at 29 weeks- Updated

Thanks, ladies, for your thoughts. I was in the hospital until 6am this morning, when the contractions finally slowed down to about 7 minutes. They had to give me 4 doses of Nifedipine to get me to that point. I'm feeling okay now, just really tired. :sleep: The doctors think that sex caused the contractions to start up, even though we'd just had sex two days ago with no problems. :shrug: I guess we'll just take it easy on that front for a little while.

Glad everything is ok!!! You will have to take it easy.
Can i ask what did it feel like when you were habing contractions and when did you decide to go into hospital? I have period type cramps but doesnt sound like contractions when i look it up

Glad it's under control now, take it nice and easy. Happy to hear you are ok now, big hugs x

Glad everything is ok!!! You will have to take it easy.
Can i ask what did it feel like when you were habing contractions and when did you decide to go into hospital? I have period type cramps but doesnt sound like contractions when i look it up

They started out feeling sort of like Braxton Hicks, where my stomach would get really tight and hard, but then I started to notice that I was getting some lower back ache/discomfort with them. That's when I started paying attention to how often they were coming, and realized it was every 2-3 minutes. After about a half hour of them coming that regularly, we decided to go in to the hospital. I hope your cramps go away!

Glad to hear they managed to stop the labour x

Thanks, ladies, for your thoughts. I was in the hospital until 6am this morning, when the contractions finally slowed down to about 7 minutes. They had to give me 4 doses of Nifedipine to get me to that point. I'm feeling okay now, just really tired. :sleep: The doctors think that sex caused the contractions to start up, even though we'd just had sex two days ago with no problems. :shrug: I guess we'll just take it easy on that front for a little while.

So glad the progression stopped!!! Sex definitely gives me more braxton hicks, so I would stay on pelvic rest for a bit :)

i hope it settles,..no change is good and means its not labor,,.

the meds ur talking about is brethine,...in on it for preterm labor and contractions from 4 months on...

it will make you shakey and nervous but its so much better then having an early baby

i hope everything calms down for you...will send you positive thoughts

the meds ur talking about is brethine,...in on it for preterm labor and contractions from 4 months on...

it will make you shakey and nervous but its so much better then having an early baby

Actually, they gave me Nifedipine to stop the contractions, but I'm sure it's probably similar to brethine.

I was only given four doses originally, but now I'm actually back at the hospital because the contractions started up again. So now they're going to send me home with a prescription. But they did a fetal fibronectin test and it came back negative, and my cervix still hasn't changed, so that's good.

I had silent contractions at 24 weeks and didnt even know, thery were a min apart and was rush to another hospital as I also had 3mm of cervix left. I could not feel a thing and had know idea
Glad all is well

Actually, they gave me Nifedipine to stop the contractions, but I'm sure it's probably similar to brethine.

I was only given four doses originally, but now I'm actually back at the hospital because the contractions started up again. So now they're going to send me home with a prescription. But they did a fetal fibronectin test and it came back negative, and my cervix still hasn't changed, so that's good.

ah, you where given a heart med non generic procadia, it must be a new way as i always got brethine or trebutaline......shots then pump...then when that did not work i got Iv magnesium...
https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/preterm-labor-terbutaline

since your ffn test came back good and your closed all a good sign..:)

i said brethine as that is normally what they give...giving procardia (heart meds. must be new...

you may need to take meds through the day so they may give it to you to take during the day...

hope all works out well...will be thinking good thoughts your way:hugs:

Impressive that the ffn was negative even after recent sex - that can sometimes cause a false positive so it sounds like all is well!

Impressive that the ffn was negative even after recent sex - that can sometimes cause a false positive so it sounds like all is well!

Well, they didn't do the ffn after we went the first time, since we did have sex recently, but when we went again last night, it had been a few days since sex, so they were able to do the ffn.

ahhh!

Stay put little man!

Hope the prescription works and you don't end up in the hospital until closer to your due date! I'm also due end of July and want baby to be good and ready before he or she comes!

how are you doing today...did they send you home with meds to take? I hope your little buga boo stays put :hugs:

how are you doing today...did they send you home with meds to take? I hope your little buga boo stays put :hugs:

Yep, they sent me home with Nifedipine, so if the contractions come back, hopefully that will stop them and I won't have to go back to the hospital. I'm already dreading getting those bills in mail!

I've felt a little off today, just kind of sick and hot and tired, but I'm thinking that's probably because I haven't had much sleep this weekend. Hopefully I'll get back to normal soon.

Thanks for asking! :flower:

Yep, they sent me home with Nifedipine, so if the contractions come back, hopefully that will stop them and I won't have to go back to the hospital. I'm already dreading getting those bills in mail!

I've felt a little off today, just kind of sick and hot and tired, but I'm thinking that's probably because I haven't had much sleep this weekend. Hopefully I'll get back to normal soon.

Thanks for asking! :flower:

well i hope it keeps the bubs in and the contractions away...

the hot and sick maybe you getting used to the meds as well....

go get some rest hun.....after what you went through you deserve it ...keeping you in my thoughts

Procardia worked wonders at keeping my DD in. She didn't come until 39 weeks :) even though I went off of it at 37. Oh, and pelvic rest helped a lot as well. I'm glad that everything worked out for you. Hope you feel better soon and adjust to the meds quickly :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->