At my witts end

jacksmummy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just after a bit of advice plz........... i have a 7.5 month old son, who has never slept since been born, I am lucky if he sleeps 10-15 mins daytime and 30 mins night time, he hates going to bed and will scream, not wanting to go to sleep, upto recently he has eventually dropped off even if for ten mins then to wake up thinking it's play time. Now he can crawl and can stand up in his cot he is now up all nite standing up then falling over and i can hear his head banging on the way down, then comes the dreadful screaming noise. I go in to reassure him then he will start to settle down all for this to start again 10 mins later... Having him not sleeping to start with was bad enough but now he is always trying to climb out of his cot............. i have not had more than 30 mins sleep since he was born and it's starting to take it's toll on me, due back at work soon and dont see how i can cope with both things, but financially i cant afford to be at home any longer.. I have spoken to the h/v about his sleeping problems for many months this is what reply i got. 1. he has colic and reflux he will grow out of it. 2. he's a curious baby when he is mobile he will wear himself out. 3. let him cry he will go to sleep. 4. he doesnt eat enough during the day. 5. crawling might not be enough to tire him, he should be better when he walks. I have tried everything with him, but they dont seem to want to help me, will i have to wait until he is at school until i can sleep.. Sorry about the essay just dont know what to do.

To be honest, he might be overtired. Have you tried taking him into your bed for naps? I found it was a great way to get Kaya napping (and I could catch up on my sleep as well) which in turn improved her sleeping at night. What is your bedtime routine like? Have you tried something like a cd with gentle songs playing on repeat or white noise?

Hi there, i have put Jack in bed for naps with me and he will not settle at all. i have tried music with him but he just does his own little dance flapping his arms and legs....... he definatley is over tired but he just will not give in to it

I would probably try one thing and stick at it for a while, when Kaya was that age it would take ages to get her to sleep - I mean standing and rocking and singing for 45 mins or so! We would let her sleep on us so we could settle her back to sleep quickly and easily. I know they say you're creating bad habits with things like that but I think it's more important to get them sleeping well, then you can look at getting the good habits starting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->