at the risk of sounding selfish...

skittlewatson

Reaction score
My hubby bought me a pandora for our first xmas together, now 4 yrs on i get a charm every christmas,bday and anniversary. We now have 2 children and this means i get 3 charms every special occassion. My bracelet is nearly full,or atleast it will be after my bday next week. I know he has got me some as ive found them in the box! Its so lovely but id be happy with a new purse (god knows it would be cheaper too!) Also bugs me that hes putting no thought into it anymore a d that they loose their specialness, for instance i have special ones for when my babies where born. How on earth do i tell him to stop without being harsh? Id kinda like to open a present and it be something diff,even just a box of chocs! Help!

I know what you mean. My OH suggested getting someone an amzon voucher for xmas so they could buy anything they wanted. Thoughtless! I would just say "i know you always get me a charm but my bracelet is getting full so could you get me either this this or this instead. Its not a total suprise but you might get something different for a change.

I'd probably wear it at some point after your birthday, and guide the conversation onto the fact you love it, and say something about how it's looking full and perfect, and that you think it's finished "growing now", like you've only just noticed how beautiful it is with that exact amount of charms on it. Just try not to make out like you've been thinking it for ages! Maybe you could try and find a new 'tradition' for your OH to do on your anniversaries? x

To be honest i wouldnt mind a voucher lol each one costs at least £45 as he doesnt ever buy the glass ones. He must put it on our credit card,its not only expensive now but its getting boring lol. I only had our 2nd 3 weeks ago and i was excited about recieving my charm to celebrate her birth but i wont be excited on my bday lol i dont want to sound ungrateful because they are always pretty but its getting daft now

Good idea MrsPear! Il try that. I darnt wear it too often now as know it costs a fortune. Id be gutted if i lost it

I would just say to him outright that it's beautiful but it's complete! Then just tell him what you'd like for your birthday, or give him some ideas.

Just tell him it's full! <insert eye wink and say "hint hint">- cause God knows that men do not take actual hints. :haha:

Then- give suggestions on what you would also like... that way you don't say "STOP- I can't take it anymore" you just say I love it so much, but it's full, so now what- with a coy smile ;)

I'm cracked up here because all I can think of is that you tell him its full and he buys another bracelet :rofl: xx

I'm cracked up here because all I can think of is that you tell him its full and he buys another bracelet :rofl: xx

That is what I thought haha

I would just tell him! And it isnt selfish at all! I would feel the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->