At what age would you let your child get up and go downstairs Un supervised?

Jaxon has been doing this since he turned 4. We bought him a kid's remote that is programmed to only 5 channels, so they are set to channels he is allowed to watch . Most mornings I wake him up, but there are rare occasions where he wakes up earlier than the rest of us and is allowed to go watch cartoons until we get up. If Colton gets up, too, then they come get us up since Colton is still too little to be trusted down there by himself.

If I ever out sleep my LO I'll let you know! lol. I'm an early bird and up a good hour before her (or more). However, there are time she'll wander up to her room to play- or her play room- or downstairs (if I'm getting ready etc). It's about your kid and what you know they are capable of. My friend- who's LO is 5wks older than mine- cannot leave her alone for 2mins or else havoc ensues! :haha: But my LO is not as mischievous (not that she doesn't have her moments)- She might turn the TV on or put in a movie- she'd probably get a cheese stick out of the fridge if she could reach it! She does have access to other dry snacks and will get those and put them in a little bowl-- But that's about it ;) ha.

Our daughter is 6 (7 in December) and has recently started to wake up before us on a weekend where we don`t always have to get up early - for school, work etc. She goes downstairs and puts the TV on. (And don`t we know it!? :lol:) She doesn`t 'make' breakfast such as cereals but she`ll help herself to those breakfast biscuit snacks or a piece of fruit. She will often come into our room saying "Mummy, Daddy, when are you getting up?" and we`ll tell her in about 15 minutes and she will toddle off downstairs again to watch TV. She is never downstairs for hours. I wouldn`t allow that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->