At what age....

xXhayleyXx

Happy mummy of 6 :)
Reaction score
do u think it's exceptable for your kids to do their own ironing???? :rofl:

Have just spent 4 hours catching up on all the ironing in this house :hissy::dohh:

I swear my kids wear things once then chuck it in the washing basket, sometimes i think they just try it on and decide not to wear it and still chuck it in the wash :hissy::hissy::hissy:

yah i wouldnt iron there stuff...my OH does this trys it one doesnt like it throws it on the floor...needless to say he does his own wash now ha!

I just pull things out of the dryer and right away hang it so it doesn't need to be ironed...well unless it's a button up or something like that. I think I would say around 10? When I knew they wouldn't burn themselves...my kids aren't that age so that's a guess haha.

My ywo eldest girls are nearly 12 and 9 but dont think id be ready to trust them just yet lol. Yeah agree with the tumble drier idea, only problem with that is since i moved i no longer have one :hissy:

I am super mega lazy and only iron Joanis school uniform...the rest gets ironed if and when we need it on the day :rofl:

We had to do our own ironing at 12:)

I am 19 now, but my mum gave me lessons at 10 and expected me to do it from then on. She offered to help for the first while, but I did have to do it myself (with the exceptions of fancy clothes). Best of Luck!!
:hug:

I dont iron anymore but my mum made me do ironing from when i was around 6 lol altho i did enjoy doing it

Senior School....

I was taught to iron in H.E. at school from the age of 11. (I went to boarding school that was really old-fashioned!:rofl:)

At 11 you're taught cooking and expecting handle hot pans so an iron isn't all that different. I started off doing the bedding for my Mum at home as she didn't trust me to begin with. By the age of 14 I was doing the ironing for all 3 of us!!

Depends if its boys or girls, my son is 15 and pretends to be useless at washing up so I dont ask him to do it, but friends with daughters the same age seem to spring clean the whole house for their Mums!!

I have learnt to deligate the jobs the children can do and then i just get left with the ones they can't

My 15 year old does washing up after tea, sweeps and cleans the kitchen floor every night.
My 9 year old hovers up in the lounge and hall when i ask.
My 6 year old clears up her own toys and has a tidy about when I ask.
My 1 yr old makes enough mess and causes enough trouble to keep everyone busy!

They all get off lightly when i hear what my friends kids do!!

As for ironing, i selective iron just the bits that need it, and if i find it back in the laundry basket unworn there is BIG trouble, and they all blame each other naturally:rofl:

Finally I have learnt to ignore certain things, I like the house tidy but if its not then as long as everyone is fed, watered and happy then things are ok and i am not going to have a :hissy: about it...much.

:baby:thinkpink xx

I only iron things when me and the kids are going to wear, [god I'm lazy] LOL

I was shown how to iron a like 13 or 14 years of age , not that I coninued it though xD
I did my own vacuuming at the age of 6 though

Depends what item of clothing it is i guess, most things i dont iron. But things like jeans, shirts or combats i do, Some tshirts dry on the washing line perfect anyway so no need to fart around ironing. Obviously if somethings mega creased i will or if we're going somewhere i will but most stuff now doesn't need a proper iron :)

My mum made me do my own ironing from the age of 10.
Dishes and cleaning the kitchen and my own room from the age of 8.
All my own cooking/washing etc from the age of 14.

Then again I always have been very independent.

i was 12 when i first ironed.. i remember coming home from school and needing my guide uniform ironed! mum was picking up my bro from somewere and had told me to be ready to go wen she got back i was like but my skirt needs ironing.. and i got told i was capable.. and i was!

i used to iron EVERYTHING including oh pants! but now the only thing i iron are his work jeans and work shirts..

he is pretty good and will iron his own bits as needed but every now and then if i have the iron out i will iron aload of his t-shirts and hang them up :)

my brother on the other hand only recently learnt to iron and he is 18.. phone call the other day was.. 'do i put water in the iron?':dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->