At what point will you NOT let your child be naked?

I'll always cover him up.

Whenever I see that someone has written about sexual abuse being more likely to occur at home I feel like grabbing someone and shouting I am not a statistic. It's just one of those things that rile me up, like rubbing salt in a wound. Sorry.

But statistics are just that - statistics. They won't reflect anyone's true situation in the detail, but they'll give the overview. The truth is, you're more likely to be assaulted, raped, murdered by those who know you best. No point worrying yourself into a tizz about stranger danger, when it's so much more likely to be a close family member or friend.

Whenever I see that someone has written about sexual abuse being more likely to occur at home I feel like grabbing someone and shouting I am not a statistic. It's just one of those things that rile me up, like rubbing salt in a wound. Sorry.

I am that statistic! I was abused repeatedly throupught my childhood by a close family member. It might be painful to bring up but I think it's important that people realise it's not always that scruffy stranger in a long coat. I remember being taught at a young age what a 'peado' looks like and where they grab you from. Everything said you weren't safe till you got home. I wasn safe there I'd have been better off going to the park toilets alone.

I don't know what happened to you but I'm sorry if I upset you, it wasn't my intention I just want to prevent what happened to me from happening to another child.

I am that statistic! I was abused repeatedly throupught my childhood by a close family member. It might be painful to bring up but I think it's important that people realise it's not always that scruffy stranger in a long coat. I remember being taught at a young age what a 'peado' looks like and where they grab you from. Everything said you weren't safe till you got home. I wasn safe there I'd have been better off going to the park toilets alone.

I don't know what happened to you but I'm sorry if I upset you, it wasn't my intention I just want to prevent what happened to me from happening to another child.

It's fine, it just rubs me up the wrong way when I see it. I'm over it now.

Sorry about your abuse too x

But statistics are just that - statistics. They won't reflect anyone's true situation in the detail, but they'll give the overview. The truth is, you're more likely to be assaulted, raped, murdered by those who know you best. No point worrying yourself into a tizz about stranger danger, when it's so much more likely to be a close family member or friend.

I'm confused...perhaps i should read the whole thread and i will in a minute. But if the family at home is so sick that they could hurt a child like that...is wearing clothes really going to help?

I'm confused...perhaps i should read the whole thread and i will in a minute. But if the family at home is so sick that they could hurt a child like that...is wearing clothes really going to help?

No, it's just relating to the thread as it's about abuse (well, in a roundabout way).

I don't really think it's that normal to be naked in public :shrug:

I don't think I've ever seen a naked child at the beach/pool etc.?

My LO will be naked around the house until she decides herself she'd rather wear clothes. Out in public I see no reason to ever strip her naked!

If only it were as simple as keeping your clothes on means you won't get abused!

For me, the risk of abuse is nothing to do with being naked. I just don't see why children really need to be running around naked anywhere.

I have had issue with undressing LO at the health visitors for his monthly weigh ins that I now weigh him at home. I think it is bit exhibitionist and weird this obsession with nakedness. Cover up!

To be fair, they need to be naked to be weighed as the scales are so sensitive and a few grams can make a huge difference to the charts. I don't see a problem with that anyway, as by the times they're old enough to stand, they're weighed clothed and upright. They don't strip off toddlers!

If only it were as simple as keeping your clothes on means you won't get abused!

For me, the risk of abuse is nothing to do with being naked. I just don't see why children really need to be running around naked anywhere.

Oh ok...we all agree then :) I said the same thing, was just confused. Sorry for the misunderstanding :flow:

Childhood is the last time you can run around naked without people calling the police :haha:

I don't see why nudity has to be related to sex and abuse anyway, there's doesn't have be anything sexual about being naked. I'm naked fairly often with my step-MIL - nothing sexual about that, we're just bathing. Same with OH's friends sometimes.

Childhood is the last time you can run around naked without people calling the police :haha:

I don't see why nudity has to be related to sex and abuse anyway, there's doesn't have be anything sexual about being naked. I'm naked fairly often with my step-MIL - nothing sexual about that, we're just bathing. Same with OH's friends sometimes.

Wow! You have a brave OH letting you be naked infront of his friends!

I don't really think it's that normal to be naked in public :shrug:

I don't think I've ever seen a naked child at the beach/pool etc.?

My LO will be naked around the house until she decides herself she'd rather wear clothes. Out in public I see no reason to ever strip her naked!

Agree with this! J is never naked except when he has a bath/getting dressed, sometimes just has a nappy on indoors, just not keen on letting every tom dick and harry see him with nothing on, :wacko: :haha:

i ran around naked (outside) until 2/3, then wore pants and ran around topless until i got to school. i got very shy after that and insisted on a top.

probably will do the same for lucas.

Wow! You have a brave OH letting you be naked infront of his friends!

He probably just wanted to show me off :rofl:

But really I don't see what the big deal is with nudity :shrug: prob just cultural differences though, its no big deal here

Not everyone is as ok with it as you are (but it's a good thing that you are).

Not everyone is as ok with it as you are (but it's a good thing that you are).

I know, and I know some people have very good reasons for not being ok with it. To be honest I should have good reasons for not being ok with it but for some reason I'm ok with it now (for a long time I was not comfortable with nudity at all).

I keep my kids clothed from day 1. I wouldn't change their nappy/strip them off anywhere.

In public, he will always be clothed. With the exception of changing his diaper, when he was really little I changed him in a church but obviously now I always take him to the bathroom.

At home, he can run around as much as he wants as long as he doesn't pee or poop on the floor :rofl:

TBH, I think a naked baby is beautiful. They look like little angels, and right now I think James with all his rolls naked looks like a little Cupid :haha:
I even had his newborn pix done totally nude

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->