At what point will you NOT let your child be naked?

Around the house is fine. But even changing her nappy when she was wee i did it in private. Im just not comfortable having her naked for anyone to see. My Dad was protective of me and my brother this way when we were wee and its rubbed off on us i think. I dont even like little girls in bikinis lol? Even though i begged for it when i was wee! I prefer onsies until about.. 42? lol Over protective? Maybe but its the way i feel comfortable xxx

I guess when she becomes uncomfortable with it.

I dont like bikinis eithier, my girls wont be allowed one until they are 13+

outside prob never as you say there are loads of Pedophiles out there in the house though whenever really (within reason lol) but Mia when she was around 5 didnt like to be naked infront of us, shes like me very modest where as Peter if the girls arent in hes naked ALOT lol xx

Not at all, IMO opinion i just dont like it. You never know who is watching, who could be hiding around or anything- she sometimes have nappy off time, but if she does, the blinds are closed- i dont even let my aupair around her if she is nuddy!!

With all the pedo's out there never, when we go to the beach we take a beack tent with us to put things in & so the we can all get changed in there. At home and in the garden she can be as naked as she likes.

Around 14 when he's bound to get arrested and/or start creeping out others.... ;)

Did you know that most sexual abuse happens in the home an statistically it is more likely to be a family member/friend of the family? Statistically most children know their abuser.
It concerns me that we spend so long teaching our children to be afraid of strangers and ignoring the fact that it's more likely to be daddy/big brother/uncle Joe...
I think it's more important to teach children that you will listen to them and believe them and to tell you if anyone makes them uncomfortable.

^^^ WSS

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I think being covered should be taught from birth! Sure my kids run around in underwear(but just at home), but not naked. We arent meant to be naked. Our private parts are just that, private.

At home and at local quiet beaches, by the river, friends gardens she can be naked until she doesn't want to anymore
Otherwise after school age (5) we'll cover up in 'public'

Although to be honest out here the suns so damn strong they wear rashies (spf 50 ones) while out and about in water, so she'll not actually be naked much.

I probably won't let lo be naked outside too much but it has less to do with who might be watching and more to do with safety. He has quite fair skin and both oh and I are sensitive to the sun so I worry about him burning. Then when he is older and running around I feel trousers, even light ones, go a long way to protecting legs from cuts and grazes when you fall over.

Until she's uncomfortable with it.

Outside is a different matter though; I wouldn't strip her off. Fair enough, stastically it's more likely to be someone you know, but that doesn't make me any less aware of those strangers in bushes with cameras! x

My 27 old severely autistic bro gos naked ALL. THE. TIME. im not fighting that battle.

I guess when she becomes uncomfortable with it.

I dont like bikinis eithier, my girls wont be allowed one until they are 13+

I used to think this about bikinis but trying to struggle my child back in to a wet one piece after she went for a wee was enough to convince me of their merits. In a bikini she can do it by herself!

On the European continent lots of little girls only wear bikini pants because at that age girls and boys look exactly the same in the chest area, there’s nothing to cover up. When I think about it, it is the bikini top that makes me feel uncomfortable, because it feels like it is hiding, and therefore simultaneously shaming and sexualising, part of her body that boys don’t have to hide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->