at wits end with feeding.. help!

Lady H

Mum to a miracle
Reaction score
Baby has mild silent reflux that we take gaviscon for. She is fine in herself but when we feed after a few gulps on the bottle she starts screaming. She is hungry but I struggle to get her to drink and she was down on her feeds yesterday.

As soon as I take the bottle away she is OK and the screaming stops. We have mild constipation going on and she took a little cooled boiled water yesterday and a small bm after a couple of hours.

No temperature or anything. Any ideas? I'm in tears trying to feed her.

Oh no that's rubbish :(

Can you go back to dr and get something else? Reading on here it seems gaviscon either masks the problem or only works for a couple of weeks. Not sure if you can get Domperidone or Omeprazole.

One thing I've learnt is you really need to push drs as they just don't listen and think you are just a worried parent.

Has she got thrush or anything? My little girl sometimes doesn't like her bottle cos her little mouth is sore. Xxx

Lily has this but very mildly, she will usually only cry once or twice and then take the feed, it happens every other day, every other feed.
Have you tried gripe water? Lily had a bit of a cry during feeding yesterday, I added some gripe water to her bottle - google said this was okay!- and she finished her feed like it was the tastiest thing ever, farted like a trooper and then went to sleep, lol.

Thanks Ladies I caved and went to the Dr and the sore mouth theory is correct. Her top gum right at the front is very very sore. She sucks her thumb and I wonder if she caught it on a bit of sharp nail. Dr suggested Anbesol on the sore bit to nub it before feeding and she just took 160ml! Mind you she screamed and cried for ages when I put it in at first. Just hope it heals quick and keep those nails short!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->