Ate a burger that was only cooked medium

Jinnah

Reaction score
I had a hamburger (chopped steak) that was only cooked "medium". I didn't think about it until I was halfway through and realized it was pretty pink. Is this a problem?

There is a risk of contracting listeria but your odds are pretty slim. Just make it a point from here on out to eat meat fully cooked and you will be fine.

avoid eating any pink meat in the future or continueing will increase your chances of getting listeria or some other form of bad bacteria that can cause miscarriage and complications. just make sure your meat is fully cooked.

i ate deli meats when i was around 5 weeks but i didnt know it was bad at the time. i ate them for about a week or so until i found out its bad to eat them without cooking them to steaming first. my baby is growing perfect and healthy and is quite big! i did stop eating deli right away as soon as i found out the news of how big of a nono deli meats are! even though i was craving it SOOOOOO BAD! i was fine with quitting cold turkey (pun intended~ maybe) and my cravings shifted everywhere from then on out.

You should be fine. I know several women who eat medium steaks whilst pregnant as that's the only way they like them. As for deli meats they are fine uncooked in the UK whilst pregnant, which I don't get as other there your told to heat the meat.

I was told by a nutritionist that medium is fine as long as there is a little pink and no red. She did tell me if I go to restaurants to ask how the chef cooks medium to make sure it isn't undercooked. You will be fine :)

Does it matter if it wasn't a steak? I heard actual steak is okay (the germs are on the outside, so when the outside it cooked, the germs are killed). Chopped steak is different... the meat is all chopped up, so any germs are distributed throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->