August '14 Sunflowers. 27 angels. 48 pink, 28 blue. 74 HERE!!

Hi ladies!

Congratulations to all the new mummies!

Baby Theodore was born on 9th August after a very exhausting 4 days of failed induction attempts (6 gels). Labour finally got going but stalled after 18 hrs at 8cm. Theo was born by c section in the end. It has taken me some time to get over my disappointmnt at not being able to deliver naturally but I am over it now!

He weighs 9lb 6 and is 58cm long - a real sumo baby!

Good luck to all the babies and mummies still to go!

So I finally got induced at 7pm Thursday. Had to take 3 tablets to get my cervix to thin out. Got really frustrated and asked for a c section. After waiting for 9 hours and no c section, I decided to start pitocin to go natural. Water broke at 7am Saturday. Started pushing at 9pm and she was way too high. They upped my pitocin for 3 hours and she didn't come down much and I was extremely frustrated, tired, and was having horrible back labor so we decided on a c section.

A total of 46 hours of labor, Ashlin Noel Yetsick was born via c section Sunday, August 17th (39+5) at 1:41am weighing 8 lbs 7oz and 20 1/2 inches long. We are so in love and she's been a great baby so far!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1
Congrats, Mel! I don't blame you for opting for a c-section, especially after such a long labour! I got too exhausted from pushing and they had to use a vacuum.

Ashlin is adorable!!

Clynn you are unbelievable updating this with a newborn.

Phoebes middle name is Sarah.

Out first week has been eventful. I had been breast feeding but although my milk came in fine she was being really fussy and crying through feeds. She also went 5 hours a few times between feeds and wouldn't wake up to feed. I had been really upset and dreaded every feed as I felt I was making her hungry. Plus she hadn't done any dirty nappies since leaving the hospital and very few wet ones.
We had a scary few days there as on Friday night she vomited blood. We took her to a&e and she appeared completely fine. I expressed a little as my nipples weren't cracked or bleeding and blood came out in the milk but they kept us in overnight just to make sure as she's so tiny. I'm glad she is completely fine but the children's ward is such a sad place to be. I have so much respect for the other parents who are in longer term.
All this together meant a permant move to formula for me and it has been the best decision. I'm much happier and she loves food wherever it comes from.
We got home last night and I'm looking forward to starting again and enjoying her more. She has spent 4 out of 6 days in hospital and I just want to be a normal family at last.

LoveCakes - that sounds like a stressful few days! I'm glad you've found a solution that makes you and baby feel better! Good job, mama!

Congrats to all the new momma's!!!!

I can't believe our thread has had so many already and not long before many more come for those that are over due by quite a bit! We'll all be meeting our LO's soon!! Can't wait to keep hearing about all the birth stories and seeing the pics!!

For those of you not on the fb group, my daughter was born sleeping at 6:52am on august 15th. I suffered a painful placental abruption and baby girl just didn't make it. She weighed 8lb 11oz and was absolutely perfect. I just hope I'm the only that has to go through this and all the other babies are born beautifully healthy.

For those of you not on the fb group, my daughter was born sleeping at 6:52am on august 15th. I suffered a painful placental abruption and baby girl just didn't make it. She weighed 8lb 11oz and was absolutely perfect. I just hope I'm the only that has to go through this and all the other babies are born beautifully healthy.

Oh I'm so sorry. There is nothing I can say. Take care of yourself.xxx

You are in my thoughts every day, and I am so sorry for your loss. Please know how much you are cared about here. I hope you are coping okay and please let us know if there's anything we can do :hugs:

I want to echo Denyse.. We are all here for you, at any time of night or day. I think about you and your family every day. So so sorry for your loss. <3 Always sending love to you.

I, too, have been thinking about you constantly. I am so sorry for your loss and am here if you need someone to vent to. We are all here to support you xxx

Omg 28329 I am so so sorry :-( I can't imagine the pain your going through. Live to you and your family ans your beautiful baby girl xxxxx

Afm- after 11 days if waiting, Austin flew into this world with spectacular fashion weighing 7lb9 at 9.17am on 17th August . He's perfect and now completes our family <3

I can't imagen what you and your family are going through. But we are always here for you and take care of yourself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->