****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

One on again now? Its been like sooo many times I've come on to see what people have written and there is someone on here? What would you google though that would bring you straight here?

No guests here now either :lol:

How's potty training going for everyone? Anyone started? I started Alia at 22 months and she caught on immediately. She's day trained now but still putting a diaper on her at night as she likes to play in her bed for half an hour or so in the morning and she has to pee right away. She usually takes that opportunity to poop too though :dohh:
She hates pooping on the potty. :wacko: Any ideas to get her to like doing #2 more?

Elf's done really well with her potty training. She's been dry now since around April and she's dry in the night too.

She's copied a lot of Monster so, we're nappy free in this house :yipee:

No guest now :nope: Wish we were nappy free! Pickle still isnt speaking so dont want to try potty training if he cant tell us he needs to pee iykwim Anyone have any ideas to coax him to speak pls?

:hugs: Aw Moggy, Monster wouldn't say boo when he was two either.

We just kept repeating things to him or ask him what he wanted (but he'd usually point and would still just point if we asked what is it).

Does Mogster talk/read to him?

we havent potty trained yet either, K hasnt got the speech there yet either, she is slowly getting there, but she has to be refered to have her hearing tested first before she is allowed speech therapy and the current wait is 6 months plus!

we have done the hearing tests etc and its all fine now but there was a problem the first test in March, they couldnt conclude anything and just asked to retest come the end of the summer :shrug: HV says he has the understanding and physical skills for a school age child and not to worry as his speech will catch up....

Mogster will read to him, we read to him, we sing, play pretend etc but he doesnt talk, he makes sounds just no words other than Mum and Dad...he had more after he turned 1 but seems to have forgotten them :(

He started nursery at the pre-school at Mogsters school this week so hoping that will compel him to speak as Im not there to translate what he wants, so far they say he communicates with them through sings and gestures so theyre happy the words will come, cant help stressing though :(

We have a referral for speech therapy but the HV doesnt seem to think it will change anything as we are doing all the SLT would do anyway...still be nice to have the opinion of the SLT as they are the professionals right?

Jacob wouldn't say anything and I really worried about it for months. I contacted a HV and she said to wait until he turned three and to go from there. When I went back to work last June (he was 2 years and 2 months) he was not saying anything other than mummy/daddy and ball.

By November, it was like he'd suddenly swallowed a dictionary and now you would never even know that we worried and also wanted a speech therapist.

I'd personally leave it for another 6 months Moggy and then go from there. Jacob was amazing with his physical abilities, but was very slow with his speech. I'd wait and see what effect nursery has and then go from there :flower:

Heeey...I *may* be able to solve the guest mystery... :) I'v been popping on on my phone and not logging in.

H started playgroup yesterday:) only going twice a week atm but he seemed to enjoy himself yesterday.
H has barely spoke until the past few days and now he has a fair few words :) I was starting to worry as he has a couple of friends the same age who are stringing sentences together. Also a nappy free house here :)

B is a total chatter box if three two girls are in another room I can't tell them apart!
Still in nappies though, no where close... She did a wee climbing in the bath tonight and didn't even notice! C also still in pull ups at night... Argh, she's 4!

We were just told to use questions like 'milk or water' 'apple or banana' The hv blamed the fact k isnt talking because I work as a nanny, and the older children (6 and 8) talk for her...... they dont at all, they always try and ask her questions, an teach her words apparently kaiya even told L to draw on the wall, after she said kaiya had wrote on the wall, and if my child can write full blown sentences before the age of 2 i have to say she will be in oxford by the age of 3 :rofl:

But back to the topic.... The children I nanny for are blamed for her lack of speech, which I dont buy as she only spends 3 hours a day with them, and then full time in school holidays. She has the understanding and knowledge there, she just dont talk, but she gets so frustrated in not talking, as we cant understand what she wants completely and causes her to have hour long paddies. I normally know what she wants and is trying to convey to me, but nobody else has a clue.

The only reason I wanted K checked was so she was on the system ready and waiting if there is a problem, as everything here takes at least 8 months plus to do......

we asked our gp for a referral to the audiologists to check hi shearing then about a week later we called them direct to confirm if they had had our referral, we then asked how long the wait was and was there anything we could do to make it quicker eg accept a last minute cancellation or travel a bit further and bingo we had an appt within a few weeks, he has now had two checks and the second time we made the apt they actually mentioned the fact that these days you "should" be able to self refer to them and to SLT....might be worth checking out if you feel HV isnt doing enough...

There's a guest on now?

Hope you get to the bottom of things Moggy, must be very worrying!

AFU...we're getting married :D

9th November, we're running off to Gretna Green. We've been engaged for about 18 months and just decided to do it.

I've got my dress, bridesmaid dresses, wedding ring and booked the venue, dj and cake already (within a week :shock:)

Very excited x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->