~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Congrats on the new pregnancy, Gardens! :) I'd love to be pregnant again, and wonder sometimes if we didn't jump the gun in getting my tubes tied. It still seems unfair to have done that after the ten years of infertility and secondary infertility, but I was highly emotional at the time and hubs was determined that my body couldn't 'take' another pregnancy. *sigh*

I'm also glad that I'm not the only one with a late crawler! lol Or, I assume that is late. MyLinda's reflux was sooo bad that even with meds she would scream and gag if she were lying flat. Now it has finally begun to resolve and she is off meds. She has sat well on her own for half her life, so she moves into the crawl position from sitting, and is 'crawling' in short strings of three or four moves before laying down and rolling onto her back. Oddly enough, she's still convinced that she's stuck once on her back. lol I leave her and coax her to roll over, but her big sissy (turning 8 tomorrow) always swoops in and 'rescues' her, no matter what I say. lol I'm pretty sure that is partly why we're taking so long. hehe

MyLinda does love to walk around though. A month or so ago it was just holding hands, but now she wants to stand as often as she can, and scoots along holding onto anything she can get her hands on. I don't have much around for her to do that with, so she tends to stay in the same areas. lol

We're still EBF for 90% of her nutrition. She won't take more than 4oz of purees in a day generally - every so often the occasional 2oz extra at night, but that's once in a blue moon. Her teething threw off her latch about a month ago though, and so I've been struggling off and on with a bleb and seem to get blocked once a week because of it. I have tried lots of tricks, but seems like while lots of thing help it (ish), nothing fixes it. I think once her latest teeth get all the way through we can hopefully establish a new latch. We're up to seven now, with tooth #8 on the way. I am SO jealous of mom's who haven't been through all of this yet. MyLinda got her first two at around four months, and then got the fifth (one of the 10-16mo incisors) the week before last. Then last week she got her top two and the remaining bottom lateral incisor, just in time for me to discover this week she's working on the top LI's. :( :( :( :( She just cut one yesterday, and is still cranking her butt off, trying for that (what I hope is last for a while) tooth. Yikes!

Hi ladies!! How is everyone? How are your little ones. I can't believe that the one year mile stone is just around the corner. Karlee is a little over 8 months old now and getting so big. She wears 12 month clothing. She is 26 1/2 inches long and 20 lbs. She is up to 3 meals a day plus her bottles. She isn't crawling, but she is soooooooooo close. She gets on her hands and knees and rocks, so hoping crawling will start soon. She can sit up all by herself from a laying down position, so she is getting there. :happydance:

Attachments

• 72150_639615136064101_870252691_n.jpg
    72150_639615136064101_870252691_n.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2
Congrats on the new pregnancy, Gardens! :) I'd love to be pregnant again, and wonder sometimes if we didn't jump the gun in getting my tubes tied. It still seems unfair to have done that after the ten years of infertility and secondary infertility, but I was highly emotional at the time and hubs was determined that my body couldn't 'take' another pregnancy. *sigh*

I'm also glad that I'm not the only one with a late crawler! lol Or, I assume that is late. MyLinda's reflux was sooo bad that even with meds she would scream and gag if she were lying flat. Now it has finally begun to resolve and she is off meds. She has sat well on her own for half her life, so she moves into the crawl position from sitting, and is 'crawling' in short strings of three or four moves before laying down and rolling onto her back. Oddly enough, she's still convinced that she's stuck once on her back. lol I leave her and coax her to roll over, but her big sissy (turning 8 tomorrow) always swoops in and 'rescues' her, no matter what I say. lol I'm pretty sure that is partly why we're taking so long. hehe

MyLinda does love to walk around though. A month or so ago it was just holding hands, but now she wants to stand as often as she can, and scoots along holding onto anything she can get her hands on. I don't have much around for her to do that with, so she tends to stay in the same areas. lol

We're still EBF for 90% of her nutrition. She won't take more than 4oz of purees in a day generally - every so often the occasional 2oz extra at night, but that's once in a blue moon. Her teething threw off her latch about a month ago though, and so I've been struggling off and on with a bleb and seem to get blocked once a week because of it. I have tried lots of tricks, but seems like while lots of thing help it (ish), nothing fixes it. I think once her latest teeth get all the way through we can hopefully establish a new latch. We're up to seven now, with tooth #8 on the way. I am SO jealous of mom's who haven't been through all of this yet. MyLinda got her first two at around four months, and then got the fifth (one of the 10-16mo incisors) the week before last. Then last week she got her top two and the remaining bottom lateral incisor, just in time for me to discover this week she's working on the top LI's. :( :( :( :( She just cut one yesterday, and is still cranking her butt off, trying for that (what I hope is last for a while) tooth. Yikes!
I'm sorry about the teeth, they just get so miserable. Karlee has her bottom two and cut the top two front teeth yesterday. :hugs:

Thanks for the congrats ladies! It was such a surprise, it still hasn't really sunk in yet. The nice thing about that is I'm way, way more relaxed than I was with Abigail. :)

Abigail will be nine months next week, has been crawling since a week before she turned 8 months and is now pulling up, climbing, and even cruising. There's no stopping this little girl! She definitely keeps me on my toes!! :haha:

She finally has her two front bottom teeth, no sign of more coming yet though. Not complaining though!

Attachments

• 2013-04-19 10.09.33.jpg
    2013-04-19 10.09.33.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone.
Clara has just turned 8 months. She is crawling competently now but not pulling up to stand at all yet. She is very chatty and sociable and loves singing and dancing to music. She just got her first tooth a couple of days ago!

To the early teethers - at least you are getting them out of the way early! Having gone through the whole process with DS, I will say that it is such a relief when they finally have their full set!!

We are doing BLW and Clara has really taken to eating like a duck to water. She's on three full meals a day and still EBF.

She doesn't sleep well though, she still wakes up anything from 2 to 6+ times per night.

Hi ladies! I hope you all are doing well!!
I wanted to drop by and share the GREAT news!
Little Scarlett is going to be a big sister!!! :D
It came sort of by surprise since we figured we would need clomid again but it happened naturally!! I have no idea how far along I am since I haven't even had my first PPAF!! So I have a dating ultrasound on the 19th! It can't get here soon enough, I'm still so shocked and find it hard to believe! I have no symptoms.. which I didn't with Scarlett either except migraines all the time. I can't imagine I would be more than 8 weeks or so but I'm anxious to find out. I almost want to go get a blood test so I can see where my HCG is at! lol.
:happydance::cloud9:

It came sort of by surprise since we figured we would need clomid again but it happened naturally!! I have no idea how far along I am since I haven't even had my first PPAF!! So I have a dating ultrasound on the 19th! It can't get here soon enough, I'm still so shocked and find it hard to believe! I have no symptoms.. which I didn't with Scarlett either except migraines all the time. I can't imagine I would be more than 8 weeks or so but I'm anxious to find out. I almost want to go get a blood test so I can see where my HCG is at! lol.

Congratulations!!!!! :happydance: :happydance:

CONGRATS!! DH and I were told by the dr we wouldn't get pregnant naturally so I didn't go back on bc and here I am 17 weeks pregnant with a gender scan tomorrow and gender reveal Tuesday!! :dohh: lol. And I'd go for the blood tests! I did, in fact, lol. I told the dr I really wanted to make sure things were ok since we had to go through infertility the first time and would feel better if I had the double hcgtests so she ordered them for me! And I did it purely so I could guess how far along I was since we only bded twice the whole cycle and I didn't want to go in for an early ultrasound if I wasn't going to see a hb yet. :) Anyway, CONGRATS AGAIN!

CONGRATS!! DH and I were told by the dr we wouldn't get pregnant naturally so I didn't go back on bc and here I am 17 weeks pregnant with a gender scan tomorrow and gender reveal Tuesday!! :dohh: lol. And I'd go for the blood tests! I did, in fact, lol. I told the dr I really wanted to make sure things were ok since we had to go through infertility the first time and would feel better if I had the double hcgtests so she ordered them for me! And I did it purely so I could guess how far along I was since we only bded twice the whole cycle and I didn't want to go in for an early ultrasound if I wasn't going to see a hb yet. :) Anyway, CONGRATS AGAIN!

Thanks so much!!! So you know exactly how I feel!!! It is killing me not knowing how far along I am! I am back to being just so worried! We didn't DTD much in May because Scarlett was so sick so that was the last thing on my mind so it could've been April or early May! I took an HPT early May which was negative as well. (I would test randomly HOPING for a BFP) Even more lost because I never had my AF return!
I am seeing a new clinic this time around since my OB last time wasn't very welcoming to DH.. made him feel very unwelcome. I'm hoping to see a midwife as long as I can stay away from being high risk again and hopefully carry to full term this time! I am going to call in the morning and beg for a blood test. Lol. :D They will probably think I'm crazy but oh well :haha:
Do you have something special planned for the gender reveal? So exciting!!! :cloud9:

Thanks so much!!! So you know exactly how I feel!!! It is killing me not knowing how far along I am! I am back to being just so worried! We didn't DTD much in May because Scarlett was so sick so that was the last thing on my mind so it could've been April or early May! I took an HPT early May which was negative as well. (I would test randomly HOPING for a BFP) Even more lost because I never had my AF return!
I am seeing a new clinic this time around since my OB last time wasn't very welcoming to DH.. made him feel very unwelcome. I'm hoping to see a midwife as long as I can stay away from being high risk again and hopefully carry to full term this time! I am going to call in the morning and beg for a blood test. Lol. :D They will probably think I'm crazy but oh well :haha:
Do you have something special planned for the gender reveal? So exciting!!! :cloud9:

I had a long post all typed out on my cell and then my alarm went off and I lost it all! :cry: So here it goes again....

It seems like our stories are similar. Looking at your signature it looks like Scarlett was born about a month early as was Abigail. You'd never know though; she went from the 5th percentile in weight/height to 50-60th within the first month or two. I was "high risk" with her simply because we were being seen by an infertility doctor at the time. This time things are so different - way less appointments and far fewer ultrasounds - since it was a 'natural conception'. I'm really hoping to make it to full term this time too but the odds are stacked against us! I participated in the March of Dimes walk in April and their statistics show babies are more likely preemie after the first preemie, plus nursing while pregnant causes early deliveries, and having babies 18 or less months apart results in earlier deliveries too (mine will only be 16 months apart). Plus I have low progesterone which also causes early deliveries and I didn't take supplements with this baby because it was getting into my milk and affecting Abigail so I think I'm just doomed all the way around. I'm taking things VERY easily and will continue to though.

My afs returned six weeks pp despite ebfing on demand (boo!) but were far from regular. They ranged from 28 to 55 days so I never had any idea when I was ovulating. I still kept track of CM and BDing on fertility friend though so I knew we conceived either on Valentines Day or the week after when we were in Arizona for the Oakland Athletic's Spring Training. The funny part is DH had really been wanting to start trying again and said early Feb that he was going to get me pregnant for Valentines Day, lol. Based on the hcg and then on our dating scan, we actually conceived the week after while in AZ but still close!

The reveal was going to be just a quick and simple cake cutting but my mom took over and wanted to go all out so it's a "What Will it Bee?" theme. She had a shirt custom made for Abigail that says "I'm going to BEE a big sister" with bees on it which are super cute. Less than 34 hours to go until we find out!! :happydance:

Well, I have to get ready for the scan..supposed to leave in 30 minutes and haven't even showed yet! lol

The results of the reveal will be in my journal (link in siggy) as soon as we find out if you're interested!

I would love to do a gender reveal for our second but I am horrible about waiting in anticipation.. I would end up sneaking a peak at the results haha.

Believe me happily, it is super tempting!! But the thought of finding out with everyone sounded so fun to me that it won out last time. Plus I was 100% sure I was having a boy (and 100% wrong, lol!). This time I have no idea one way or the other!

I had a long post all typed out on my cell and then my alarm went off and I lost it all! :cry: So here it goes again....

It seems like our stories are similar. Looking at your signature it looks like Scarlett was born about a month early as was Abigail. You'd never know though; she went from the 5th percentile in weight/height to 50-60th within the first month or two. I was "high risk" with her simply because we were being seen by an infertility doctor at the time. This time things are so different - way less appointments and far fewer ultrasounds - since it was a 'natural conception'. I'm really hoping to make it to full term this time too but the odds are stacked against us! I participated in the March of Dimes walk in April and their statistics show babies are more likely preemie after the first preemie, plus nursing while pregnant causes early deliveries, and having babies 18 or less months apart results in earlier deliveries too (mine will only be 16 months apart). Plus I have low progesterone which also causes early deliveries and I didn't take supplements with this baby because it was getting into my milk and affecting Abigail so I think I'm just doomed all the way around. I'm taking things VERY easily and will continue to though.

My afs returned six weeks pp despite ebfing on demand (boo!) but were far from regular. They ranged from 28 to 55 days so I never had any idea when I was ovulating. I still kept track of CM and BDing on fertility friend though so I knew we conceived either on Valentines Day or the week after when we were in Arizona for the Oakland Athletic's Spring Training. The funny part is DH had really been wanting to start trying again and said early Feb that he was going to get me pregnant for Valentines Day, lol. Based on the hcg and then on our dating scan, we actually conceived the week after while in AZ but still close!

The reveal was going to be just a quick and simple cake cutting but my mom took over and wanted to go all out so it's a "What Will it Bee?" theme. She had a shirt custom made for Abigail that says "I'm going to BEE a big sister" with bees on it which are super cute. Less than 34 hours to go until we find out!! :happydance:

Well, I have to get ready for the scan..supposed to leave in 30 minutes and haven't even showed yet! lol

The results of the reveal will be in my journal (link in siggy) as soon as we find out if you're interested!

Wow, we do have similar stories!! :) Once Scarlett got home from the NICU she gained weight so quick too! Her pediatrician said if she was formula fed he'd tell us to cut back a little but since she's breastfed he said shes just a chunky monkey :) She has been around the 50% since she was a couple months old :) but she's short (8% length) lol.

I will be keeping my fx that things go smooth for you! It is sooo nerve wrecking. Our two will be about 19 months apart if we make it to term. And we also participated in the March of Dimes walk, ours was in May :D

The reveal theme is adorable!!!! I will definitely check in with your journal to see how it went :) That's so exciting! I'm not sure I could wait!!! With Scarlett I just knew we were having a girl. And I was right! I had that feeling from the very very beginning. This time, I have no idea!

Well I just got home from seeing the midwife. I called asking for the blood work but since I'm going to a new clinic they said they'd have to see me first. Luckily he called me back to see what was going on and I told him how I just really want a blood test to check my hcg levels. He said he could squeeze me in for a quick ultrasound that way if we see something I don't need to give blood. Unfortunately, he was able to see my uterus from my belly but couldn't see anything in it. He said there was something he thought might be the sack but he couldn't tell. So off I went for blood work. Hopefully will get it tomorrow then will go wednesday for more blood work. This was the same thing that happened with Scarlett.. I had spotting so they did an ultrasound and didn't see anything. They did blood work and my hcg was 91. Three days later the ultrasound showed a little fetal pole so my hopes aren't gone, I'm just very nervous! Luckily I have Scarlett to focus on to keep me sane :) We must have conceived the one time we did it in May! I think my LO's just like to take their time implanting. lol. I'm shocked we got something good out of May though, it was a rough month for us with Scarlett getting so sick and having febrile seizures. Crazy how things work out sometimes :)

Wow, very early days for you then akblaze! Hope your results come back quickly!

Yay! We got my labs back!! Super quick!
My hcg is 272 so it's early!
With Scarlett my first hcg test was 91 so 272 is refreshing to see.
I will go back wednesday for another to make sure its increasing! :thumbup:

Yay! We got my labs back!! Super quick!
My hcg is 272 so it's early!
With Scarlett my first hcg test was 91 so 272 is refreshing to see.
I will go back wednesday for another to make sure its increasing! :thumbup:

Wow! So fast! I'll guess you're 16-17dpo then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->