~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Hi ladies & babies,

I really miss this thread too! Came on tonight as i after some support. Noah is 12-weeks old now and has always fed (bf) and slept well. But tonight my DH suggested we attempted a better sleep routine as recommended by the baby whisperer! Well I'm not one for books & now I know why - we've had the worst evening ever - Noah has screamed & screamed all night, brilliant! And having read the sleep chapter I feel rubbish because I've obviously been 'accidental parenting' - lovely! & there was me thinking that bf on demand & co-sleeping was for the good of my baby, now who knows!

I'm mostly done for Christmas! Not entirely sure how!

Best wishes to all Xx

We've just moved and have no decorations, no presents, and no plans for Christmas day! That's us all over though, everything's last minute!
Julian is doing well, but he's been a bit ratty the last few days due to teething! He had a bottom lateral incisor come through overnight, so he's been a big better today, just wants lots of cuddles!

Some new pictures at 3 months :)

Attachments

• 481773_10151067889621184_1479895927_n.jpg
    481773_10151067889621184_1479895927_n.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 546811_10151067888781184_1690225120_n.jpg
    546811_10151067888781184_1690225120_n.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0515.jpg
    DSCF0515.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF0506.jpg
    DSCF0506.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 3
Hi Ladies,

I miss the thread too! Little Abigail is doing absolutely wonderfully. She's 16 weeks old today, will be 4 months on November 30th. She still hates tummy time but has learned to roll over. It's not terribly consistent yet but she's done it several times now. (yay!)

There's loads of pics in my journal for those who are interested. I update it weekly. :)

Hi ladies & babies,

I really miss this thread too! Came on tonight as i after some support. Noah is 12-weeks old now and has always fed (bf) and slept well. But tonight my DH suggested we attempted a better sleep routine as recommended by the baby whisperer! Well I'm not one for books & now I know why - we've had the worst evening ever - Noah has screamed & screamed all night, brilliant! And having read the sleep chapter I feel rubbish because I've obviously been 'accidental parenting' - lovely! & there was me thinking that bf on demand & co-sleeping was for the good of my baby, now who knows!

I'm mostly done for Christmas! Not entirely sure how!

Best wishes to all Xx

And as for your post Skelleron, there are loads of different parenting styles and "proof" from each side about which is best. We are following mostly attachment parenting which is breastfeeding on demand, co-sleeping/bed-sharing (we mostly co-sleep since her sleeper is in our room but in the late mornings after DH has gone to work I will sometimes bring her into bed with me to get a bit more sleep), baby-wearing, etc. I am *not* at all a fan of the whole cry it out mess and think it's terrible but that's just my opinion. You have to do what's best for your baby. Reading lots of books about the various styles of parenting can help you decide which method(s) work best for you. I just finished "Beyond the Sling" and really enjoyed most of it. Some was a bit out there for me (such as elimination communication aka potty training from birth) but for the most part, it was a great read. Anyway, just my two cents. Do what feels right for you, not necessarily what the book says! :)

Thanks gardenofedens, I really needed that support - I too have been following my instincts with attachment parenting - bf on demand, baby wearing, co-sleeping (transfer baby to bedside Moses basket once asleep) and back in to bed with me in the mornings, cloth bum nappies etc. I too am not a fan of CC or CIO but tonight I gave in to the books on the suggestion of my DH who is just trying to get some structure back in to our lives, but I've been happy being led by my baby! Although reading that my 'style' fell into 'accidental patenting' didn't thrill me! Thanks again Xx

Love seeing all these photos. Can't believe how big all our babies are getting now, feels like only yesterday we were all anticipating their arrivals! I'm sort of prepared for christmas, absolutely hate shopping so bought all my presents online this week. Hopefully they'll arrive in time. Oh dear Greggy's woke up and wants feeding, I'll do a proper post later x

So as I was saying, presents all bought. Looking forward to making mulled wine soon, didn't get to have any last year due to being pregnant so I plan on making up for it this year :winkwink:

Greg seems to have settled into a routine over the last month. He sleeps through and is nowhere near as colicky or refluxy as he used to be so life is much easier. He's discovered his hands recently and spent a good while just staring at them in awe, it was so cute.

Emma - Did Julian give you any signs that he was teething or did it just sort of pop through out of the blue? Greg's been munching on his fist and dribbling non stop the last week or two, he's really teary and irritable too but I can't see any sign of a tooth yet.

Skelleron - I'm a brand new mummy so I'm not really of much help, personally we let Greg settle into his own routine. I havent read any parenting books, we just go with the flow. IMO he's too young to be forced into any sort of structure, I'd rather just folllow his lead. Totally agree with what Gardens said - ultimately you need to do what works best for baby and you. If Noah's unhappy then you'll be unhappy and that's no good at all.

Emma - Did Julian give you any signs that he was teething or did it just sort of pop through out of the blue? Greg's been munching on his fist and dribbling non stop the last week or two, he's really teary and irritable too but I can't see any sign of a tooth yet.

He was never a dribbly baby, but the last couple of weeks he's been dribbling so much! And the last few days he's got a bit ratty, not sleeping as well as normal and just wants to be held all the time. He was sleeping 8pm-6/7am, feed, then back to sleep til 9/10am. But now, he goes down at 8, wakes at 3/4am, goes back to sleep at 5/6am, and gets up for the day at 6:30/7am! Then gets more ratty because he's tired :dohh: He's feeding every hour or so now as well, I think it's more for comfort though. And he doesn't stop pooing!

To the ladies who haven't started teething yet, enjoy it while you can! My darling angel is now a demon :( Bless him. The tooth that's come through isn't supposed to come until 10-12 months though, my poor baby.

skelleron . every baby is very different so i think its just a case of what works for you.. Holly was very much a baby whisperer baby.. Eat Activity Sleep.. and repeat.. Like clockwork. Erin doesn't seem to want to fit the pattern... She is completely different to Holly so like you I guess we are 'accidental parenting' too and just going with her flow for now.

Accidental parenting sounds like we're lumping along without a clue, doesn't it? Whereas being 'baby led' in routine is EXACTLY what I fully INTEND to be doing ON PURPOSE. roflol She gets what she needs as she needs it, and it isn't an accident, baby! lol Poor choice of wording w/the author there. "Do it my way or you're doing it on accident. Or wrong." Kind of narrow-minded to my thinking. Ooops! I accidentally nursed her again b/c she was fussing and rooting. Shoot! lololol

Baby update - MyLinda rolled over for the first time ever (on a flat surface - she can roll around on the couch or a body or the bed) Saturday night! She hates tummy time and I've fallen short on making her have lots b/c of that, so she rolled back-to-front. Now she's trying to do it every time she's in the play gym. lol Mostly gets over on her side and then pins her arm under her. lolol

Hi Ladies, How are you all doing? Abigail hit the 4 month mark on Friday and I can't believe how fast the time has gone!! She's been super clingy and grumpy for the past week so I'm wondering if teeth are coming? She's just over 3 months adjusted age though so I don't know...either way, I hope she gets happy again soon!

Hi Ladies!

Just want to say a big congrats to you all! I was in this group but had a loss at just under 12 weeks, but I'm back with a Aug'13 firefly! :happydance:

Crazy to think how the time has passed! Hope you and all your LO's are doing great

Lol xx

Hi Ladies!

Just want to say a big congrats to you all! I was in this group but had a loss at just under 12 weeks, but I'm back with a Aug'13 firefly! :happydance:

Crazy to think how the time has passed! Hope you and all your LO's are doing great

Lol xx

I am sorry for your loss.

CONGRATULATIONS on your ranibow :baby::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats, lol! I heard somewhere once that your chances get better with every pregnancy, and not worse. Sending lots of sticky-bean prayers your way! :)

Okay ladies, tell me about rolling over. MyLinda still hates her tummy to pieces, and will probably be 16 with no clue how to roll over. (Clear exaggerating!) She did, however, roll over back-to-front something like two weeks ago. That was SO exciting! Since then she fakes us out all the time, rolling to her side, but no unaided rolls. That is probably her big sister's fault though, b/c my seven year old just cannot seem to help herself and 'helps' the baby even though I have asked her not to. lol

Sitting - no clue when they're supposed to, but little My wants desperately to do just that. She's happiest in the upright position, and even can hold in place herself for a little bit. (Learned that on accident, and scared me about half to death!)

Anyway, I feel a little bad about not being up on all of the "when" this time around - I was religious about knowing what was 'supposed' to happen at every moment with Becka, it seemed. This time I just want an extra nap when I can catch one, and I'd love my house to quit looking like a pink tornado has swept through. Ha! Also, I'm still holding the baby way too much and wouldn't have it any other way. We still sleep together, and she's still nursing like a champ. No sign yet that she needs cereal. Tomorrow is shots :( :( but I am looking forward to seeing how big and long she is. I've just put her into size 3 diapers. Still a bit too big for her, but she's got such rolls on her leg and thighs that 2's looked like they'd be painful soon, so I didn't want to get that far.

Enough rambling yet? Have I left anything out? Hmmm.... lol

can I ask you guys something? Karlee is almost 4 months old and I have had my period now every month since week 6 ( I formula Feed). I have had brown spotting for 4 days, and today it stopped. I had some cramping, but more like a tugging feeling the first of those 3 days and now no pain and no real AF. Any idea what this could be? Figured other August mommies were at the same post pardum range and could offer some insight.

Lolpants - Congratulations :) On a side note, I'm a fellow Cardiffian - small world!

Chimchims - Greg's a bit younger than MyLinda but even though he loves laying on both his stomach and back he hasn't attempted rolling over once. I try giving him the gist by gently rolling him myself and making a game out of it by singing the 'There was 1 in the bed and the little one said roll over' song but he's just not bothered! Suppose I'll just have to wait til he's ready. Hope MyLinda wasnt too upset by her shots :)

Momofone - I'm in pretty much the same boat as you, been FF since Greg was about a month old and got my period not long after. My period this month is a few days late, I did get emotional and hormonal yesterday and the tugging feeling you described but still no sign of AF! I don't think there's any chance I could be pregnant again as me and OH have only DTD a handful of times and used protection each time. Maybe it's just our bodies adjusting to life after birth?

I think our bodies are just trying to re-regulate. I'm ebf but ovulated about 8 weeks pp and am on my second cycle since delivery. Af is due again this weekend. We weren't going to go on bc because of dh's fertility issues but decided last night that I need to finish school first so I have an appt for another mirena iud on 12/18. 18 months til I finish schooland we can start ttc again...

I have another question for you all though...Abigail has her hands in her mouth 24/7 these days and they are getting really raw. I don't want to put lotion on her hands for her to ingest but I want to do something....are you guys experiencing this? Are you doing anything for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->