August/Sept homebirths!

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
I know its early days for us all but i thought it would be nice to have somewhere for us mummys due later aug-sept hoping for a home birth to have somewhere to chat! i know theres at least 2 of us!! :happydance:

My names Zara and I've got two boys! Charlie my first was born in a Birthing Unit with no complications, I Laboured in the birthing pool but had to get out to push because the midwife didnt beleive i was ready to push!! My second Harry's labour didnt really go anything like i wanted it too i wanted a really nice natural home birth but that didnt go to plan! i was advised that because i sufferd from SPD it was recomended i go to hospital to give birth, So i did as i was told, the first stage of labour was much longer than charlies and boring! I wanted a water Birth and was told they didnt have the staff! My waters didnt brake they were to busy to brake them i was left unattended for most of the labour i was in alot of pain and ended up with pethadine which i would NEVER have again it made me feel awful and Harry was born 15 mins after having the pethadine and we were both sleepy! it wasnt good! i didnt feel like i bonded with him properly because of the state we were both in! so this time i WILL have my home birth and i WILL have my water birth! Also this time im going to try hypnobirthing, i looked in to it with harry but didnt really look in to it properly! Iv got an idea of what the perfect labour and birth is like in my head and i really want it this time!!!

:happydance: Get Kiwimama to add you to the list on the sticky up there!! ^^^^^^

done! iv been looking at hypnobirthing this morning but reading so early hurt my head so i gave up and decided when im ready to start looking properly you'll be the one to point me in the right direction :p I feel too sick to think today! wtf is that all about i never get morning sickness! im blaming this stupid puppy, 4am! pissssh

Hello :)

I'm due august with my second and am hoping for a homebirth. One because I like the idea of it but also because my local hospital is beyond terrible.

The only problem is I lost a lot of blood with Zane so I might get shipped off to hospital :(
If I can't do it at home I'm looking to have a water birth in a hospital 25 miles away from where I live lol

my local hospital is 25 miles away too, it scared the life out of me with harry thinking oh what if i need to get to the hospital quickly! but our bodys are designed to do it we'll be fine! :)

I had an unplanned homebirth with my son and am thinking about the possibility of having a planned homebirth with this one. Will discuss it with my midwife next week when I see her xxx

I'm in!! This is baby 2 for me and I am hoping for a home waterbirth this time around! I hypnobirthed my 1st and will do so again this time around - although hopefully with a bit more preperation this time around!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and getting some help/advice!

i'm definatly doing hypnobirthing this time! i delt really well with the pain in charlies labour with harrys labour i was climbing the walls and screaming like a mad woman! no chance i want to be doing that again!

well the local hospital is across the road from where i will be living so if anything goes wrong ile be sent there and i hate that place, worse hospital in the midlands. the next hospital is 25 miles away so fingers crossed i can go there if needed

hi ladies, i would love a home birth wiv baby number 3- but midwifes hav told me they r too short staffed 2 guarantee a midwife will b with me whn i deliver baby?? so they hav refused givin me the A-OK 2 home birth!
what do i do, i had the worst experience evr in the hospital when i had my daughter, and i really dont wana hosp birth again,
water broke at 34wks,
labour started at 35wk, and i deliverd my daughter, alone in a room, with no docs, midwifes, (not even any family, completely alone) as the midwifes wer sayin i was ages away from deliverin, and then they ignored me buzzin them.........
i genuinely hav a fear of hospitals, and puttin my babys life in ther hands again, should i jus go 4 it, attempt an unassisted home birth then cal ambulance at that crucial stage? or should i jus go hosp???
this question wouldnt even need 2 b asked if they had mor midwifes, so i possibly cant hav a home birth as they are "understaffed!" seems kinda unfair right??
what are your thoughts on this??

Hi all
I'm hoping for a water homebirth for my first, due at the beginning of Sept :)
Midwife has been totally supportive of this and seems the only way to guarantee access to a pool - also, I want to be in my own surroundings and try to ignore (!) labour for as long as poss. Hubby can play on PS3 and not get too anxious in the early stages too :D

Hi all
Midwife has been totally supportive of this and seems the only way to guarantee access to a pool - also, I want to be in my own surroundings and try to ignore (!) labour for as long as poss. Hubby can play on PS3 and not get too anxious in the early stages too :D

thats what my thoughts wer too, family/OH can sleep while im in early stages (instead of feelin like we all need 2 b in hosp)
MUCH MOR LAID BACK APPROACH 2 LABOUR!

Hi all

thats what my thoughts wer too, family/OH can sleep while im in early stages (instead of feelin like we all need 2 b in hosp)
MUCH MOR LAID BACK APPROACH 2 LABOUR!

I know :thumbup:
We've got the same EDD according to our tickers.... :baby:

:hi: I'm Katie and this is my first baby planning a home water birth. Most people have been very negative but luckily lots of the older women on my Dad's side of the family had home births so are really supportive.
Really hoping I can do it!
x

hi ladies, i would love a home birth wiv baby number 3- but midwifes hav told me they r too short staffed 2 guarantee a midwife will b with me whn i deliver baby?? so they hav refused givin me the A-OK 2 home birth!
what do i do, i had the worst experience evr in the hospital when i had my daughter, and i really dont wana hosp birth again,
water broke at 34wks,
labour started at 35wk, and i deliverd my daughter, alone in a room, with no docs, midwifes, (not even any family, completely alone) as the midwifes wer sayin i was ages away from deliverin, and then they ignored me buzzin them.........
i genuinely hav a fear of hospitals, and puttin my babys life in ther hands again, should i jus go 4 it, attempt an unassisted home birth then cal ambulance at that crucial stage? or should i jus go hosp???
this question wouldnt even need 2 b asked if they had mor midwifes, so i possibly cant hav a home birth as they are "understaffed!" seems kinda unfair right??
what are your thoughts on this??

they cant deny u a homebirth because they are short staffed...thats not ur problem and legaly they have to send u a mw out to be at ur homebirth.

id tell ur mw that u are having a homebirth...altho if ut likely to give birth before 37 weeks then ur not supposed to have a homebirth.

but if u feel more confident at home then u can easily call for a ambulance.

you should join the homebirths and hopefuls group and u will get alot more advice on there

yeah may do that!!
i thought it was unfair i cudnt hav homebirth JUS cause of short staffed m/ws,
i really do NOT wana hosp birth again!!
i am jus gona attempt 2 stay home thru the whole birth, prob wont b a midwife, as they wont even sign the forms 2 say i can hav home birth, as long as im 37 wks im guna stay home!!

u dont have to sign any kind of form to say ur having a homebirth anyway. and by law they cant leave u to labour alone, they have to send someone. so when u next see ur mw tell them u no for a fact they have to send someone and if they dont agree to ur homebirth then u will sue them!

and seen as ur mw seems crap u should really join the hb group and get more info because so many mws try to bully the woman into hospital during hbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->