August/Sept homebirths!

she said i need 2 b passed on to the community midwife who deals wiv the home births, i have seen 4 different midwifes at all 4 appointments so far, never seen the same midwife twice!!
but apparently i need 2 b passed on 2 a diff midwife group?? which they say they wont do as they cant b in attendence whilst im havin baby!!
argghhh will check out tht other group- i am mor than happy 2 deliver alone anyway, how many stories hav we heard bout women givin birth alone at home???

what ur mws are saying really makes no sence! the community mws are the ones who do the homebirths the most! and its the community mws u see at ur doctors surgery.

ur right alot of women give birth alone or not attended by a mw. id trust a paramedic alot more then i turst my local hospital anyday lol

yeah but apparently they hav one, (yes ONE)!! who deals solely wiv homebirth mums....
i kno its comm midwife who i c at gps,
they basically say they not guna agree 2 b ther 4 my birth if im home.....??
i wud still rather be at home.....

legaly they cant say that! i would complain to ur doctor about the mw and then tell them ur having a hb and u no they have to send someone. im getting frustrated for u

Thats shocking that they'd LIE like that. They have a legal obligation to attend your birth if you chose to have it at home. They can try and talk you out of it of course but they can't throw their toys out of the pram and say 'no sorry i refuse to come to your home' :\

really?? so they r totally bullshittin me by sayin that!!!
i am guna complain, i will call my midwife 2moz, and i AM havin a homebirth!!!!! wether a midwife is in attendence or not!! i will call an ambulance,

yes they are talking complete bullshit!
by law they have to send someone to ur homebirth and if they dont u can always just say see u in court and im sure they would find someone!

its not ur problem they are understaffed

ok!!! that is what i am guna do, was guna call m/w 2day but its sat, so ill wait until mon, my intention was 2 hav baby at home no matter who was here, and jus call an ambulance once baby arrived, (as i was told a midwife wudnt b here)

Hi all
I'm hoping for a water homebirth for my first, due at the beginning of Sept :)
Midwife has been totally supportive of this and seems the only way to guarantee access to a pool - also, I want to be in my own surroundings and try to ignore (!) labour for as long as poss. Hubby can play on PS3 and not get too anxious in the early stages too :D

thats what my thoughts wer too, family/OH can sleep while im in early stages (instead of feelin like we all need 2 b in hosp)
MUCH MOR LAID BACK APPROACH 2 LABOUR!

I know :thumbup:
We've got the same EDD according to our tickers.... :baby:

yay! jus hopin mine doesnt com early again, had my daughter at 35wks, :/ which has made me really nervous this time round, :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->