Autism

JaniceT

Mum to a gorgeous boy.
Reaction score
Can anyone direct me to specific websites on Autism? Need to read as much as possible as my niece has been changing in behavior, total loss of appetite and is now very skinny. Thanks.

Also, can anyone tell me if Autistic children have shorter lifespans?

No shorter lifespans as autism itself is not a disease its a mental condition. A autistic child could have underlying health issues (The same as a NT) but this is not to do with autism. x

Try National autistic society x

Thanks Midnight Fairy. She is going through lots of analysis by both the psychologist and psychiatrist. Both will not agree with the same conclusion. One says it is a mental condition (ie: crazy), the other says it is behavioral. Hmphh.

She used to have Dyspraxia being the main issue. Now, Autism has developed and is now the main issue. She exhibits mostly Autistic traits now. It's also getting a tad aggressive such as throwing everything in the room. We don't know what to do. I feel so sad for my brother and his wife, wishing there is something I could do.

I am sorry your brother and his wife are going through this, especially if they're not getting the same answers from different doctors. What a scary time this must be for them.

People who have autism can be expected to live a long full life, just with some difficulties along the way, and what those difficulties will be varies a lot, from person to person.

I would start with the Autism Society https://www.autism-society.org/ They have a lot of information, and also links that will help your family find more information.

Best of luck!

Thank you, AllMacsNow. I'll look through the website and hope it would shed more light.

Just 'google' autism, you will find so much information and advice. :hugs:xx

Or go to good sites like wrongplanet.net ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back