• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Autumn and Winter 2011 babies...Come on in!

Figured I would join in, too! I am 37, and 23 weeks pregnant with my second son. Completely excited, because we tried so long for my son, I didn't think I would be lucky enough to have another.

Welcome to all the newbies! :hi: Glad you've come by. Looking forward to your journeys! :flower:

Welcome to all the new ladies, sorry I have not been around in this thread as much as I would like to be!

Wanted to stop by and share some lovely news, we found out Tuesday that we are having a baby girl!! We are so excited!! Her name is Mary Grace (and we will call her Grace for short!), and she is measuring perfectly! I was very worried due to my high blood pressure and gestational diabetes that she would not grow properly, but so far, so good! We have another ultrasound specifically geared to looking at her heart on Monday, keeping my fingers crossed that the news continues to be good!

Welcome to all the new ladies, sorry I have not been around in this thread as much as I would like to be!

Wanted to stop by and share some lovely news, we found out Tuesday that we are having a baby girl!! We are so excited!! Her name is Mary Grace (and we will call her Grace for short!), and she is measuring perfectly! I was very worried due to my high blood pressure and gestational diabetes that she would not grow properly, but so far, so good! We have another ultrasound specifically geared to looking at her heart on Monday, keeping my fingers crossed that the news continues to be good!

WTG:happydance: What great news that your having a :pink: Mary Grace. :flower: Please keep us posted how everything goes. I'll add your name and baby girl to the 1st page. Congrats!:cloud9:

So far ladies 4 girls, 1 boy and 1 neutral documented. If your name isn't on the first page with gender confirmation please let me know so I can add your baby. :winkwink: :flower:

Hello! I'm 13 weeks today! :happydance:

I've not been around here for a few weeks as I've been so shattered! Luckily, my energy is beginning to return and I can even stay awake after 9pm now! Still quite hormonal though and have cried a few times today for absolutely no reason. Maybe all these late nights are exhausting me!! :haha:

Looking forward to getting to know you all. :hugs:

Welcome Pixie! :hi: Oh dear, get your sleep hun. It's going to be interesting when the little one is here. I see you have a little boy thats a year. I'm sure they'll both be keeping you on your toes. It'll be tiring but such a blessing! :happydance: :hugs: :flower:

Hi everyone - lovely to see so many over 35s in 2nd trimester!! I've not posted in here for a while, have been busy buying a new flat with a little garden and 2nd bedroom that will become the nursery!! Very excited. Not long now till the 20-week scan either, 20th June!! Can't wait. How's everyone else doing? :hugs:

Oh, the new place sounds lovely. You'll have to take pics of the nursery when you get it all done. I bet it will look just beautiful! YAY for the upcoming 20wk scan. It's so intense waiting for that scan. You wait and wait, then after the scan you wait again. :lol: Will you find out the gender or keep it a surprise?

I'm doing well. On bed rest, this is milestone week for me. Actually today is the day in our 22nd week I gave birth to our son so while it's bitter-sweet, little Amelia keeps kicking the heck out of me. :haha: It's like she's letting momma know everything is okay in there. I'm hopefully once we get beyond this that we'll make it further along. My hope is to make it to 40 wks. :thumbup:

Glad you popped in and that everything is starting to come together! :flower:

I hope everyone is doing well. I spent most of Tuesday at the hospital for the three hour glucose test and the latest ultrasound my doctor ordered. I arrived at 9:15 am and didn't get finished with everything until 2:45 pm. I guess the up side is that I didn't turn the AC on until I got home so it was less expensive.

My next appointment is next Friday so I guess I will find out what the test results are then. I don't normally get phone calls about them so I don't expect one this time.

I hope everyone is doing well. I spent most of Tuesday at the hospital for the three hour glucose test and the latest ultrasound my doctor ordered. I arrived at 9:15 am and didn't get finished with everything until 2:45 pm. I guess the up side is that I didn't turn the AC on until I got home so it was less expensive.

My next appointment is next Friday so I guess I will find out what the test results are then. I don't normally get phone calls about them so I don't expect one this time.

Oh, that 3hr test. I disliked it when I wasn't pregnant.:wacko: I have my sono. tomorrow and the Peri appointment right after. Though it's becoming a habit of 4 hours.:dohh:

Praying all is well with both of us and our babies. :happydance::cloud9:

Hi Ladies,

I'm 36 currently 16 weeks pregnant with baby no 4. Had decided to stop after 3 boys but here I am 5 years later and doing it all again. This is definitely going to be our last.

I am hoping to find out the gender at a private scan (our hospital have a policy of not telling the sex at the 20 week scan.) Hoping for a girl this time to complete the family but I am expecting to be told another boy which will be fab aswell and i've had plenty practise.

Good luck to all you ladies experiencing problems during your pregnancies, I've been fortunate not to have had any such things so can only imagine what you are going through.

Heres to happy & healthy few months.

hi again! :hi:

I DEFINITELY want to find out the gender!! I keep thinking it's going to be a boy but I would really be delighted either way. I'd like one of each if possible, I know I'll probably be 40 when I start TTC again but I'm feeling optimistic today and keep hearing lovely stories of over 40 Mums!

I'm very excited about finally having a nursery too, it will probably be a few months still and we want to get a bit of work done to the flat before we move in so we might actually end up moving in after the LO comes. As long as we get there in the end, that's the main thing! I'm so excited about having a garden and how lovely it will be next Spring to be able to sit in the garden with the LO! I wonder if you can get outdoor baby gyms? I'm going to look into it later!! I'm so excited about buying baby stuff and when we finally have our new place I'll be able to properly get things!

Mommy's Angel - glad to hear your LO is kicking regularly and reassuring you. So sorry to hear about your loss, that must have been devastating. Sounds like you've been through a lot, you definitely deserve for the rest of this pregnancy to be as smooth as possible.

Ciarhwyfar - that sounds like a hellova day in the hospital. Wow. Well done you. Fingers crossed all comes back ok.

Hi Cherry - cute that you're having another one after 5 years! Good luck with your gender scan

xx

Hi Cherry. :hi: :flower:

So exciting. Maybe you'll get your little girl! Welcome to the group.

Leeze, looking forward to hearing your gender confirmation and house remodeling stories!

Hey ladies!

This week the only thing I have scheduled is an appointment for Friday. My regular doctor didn't have anything available when she wanted to have me come in so I will be seeing the midwife. I didn't realize she was only in a few days a week and she actually offered to add me to her list of patients. Good doctors always show, don't they? Anyway, I expect to hear about my latest glucose and ultrasounds from last week. I hope everything is going well.

Mommy's Angel, I hope things are still going well for you. Congrats on making 23 weeks! Are you still getting injections?

Hope everyone else is doing well. What is on your plate for this week?

I know I am 26 weeks tomorrow and BnB uses 27 for 3rd trimester. Am I going to get kicked out of this thread next week? ;)

Hi everyone

I'm so very tired today - I think I experienced my first serious bout of bub kicking in the night as I woke up to feel a jabbing sensation on my lower right side! I had a really restless night and am feeling a bit like I'm back in the extreme tiredness of 1st trimester. An early night tonight for sure

Ciarhwyfar - funny question about getting kicked out of the thread - maybe we should rename it - are we all due in Autumn(Fall)/Winter - could we rename it Over 35s expecting in Autumn/Winter maybe? xx

Hey ladies!

This week the only thing I have scheduled is an appointment for Friday. My regular doctor didn't have anything available when she wanted to have me come in so I will be seeing the midwife. I didn't realize she was only in a few days a week and she actually offered to add me to her list of patients. Good doctors always show, don't they? Anyway, I expect to hear about my latest glucose and ultrasounds from last week. I hope everything is going well.

Mommy's Angel, I hope things are still going well for you. Congrats on making 23 weeks! Are you still getting injections?

Hope everyone else is doing well. What is on your plate for this week?

I know I am 26 weeks tomorrow and BnB uses 27 for 3rd trimester. Am I going to get kicked out of this thread next week? ;)

No, but I DO think since your the first...that you should start a "Third Trimester thread.

Ideally we should have first, second and third in here for people to go to. You can come back here to chat with us but will have "graduated" and will hopefully gather some 3rd trimesters in that thread. I'm on my way in 3 more weeks. Though I DO want to still chat with you in here.

What we do with another thread is we have a "graduates thread" for the ttc #1 and the origional I'm still visiting. When I go, someone else can take this thread over..."hopefully" if all works out.

Am I making it Too organized or "should we keep just this thread and rename it"?:shrug:

What do you think??

Hi everyone

I'm so very tired today - I think I experienced my first serious bout of bub kicking in the night as I woke up to feel a jabbing sensation on my lower right side! I had a really restless night and am feeling a bit like I'm back in the extreme tiredness of 1st trimester. An early night tonight for sure

Ciarhwyfar - funny question about getting kicked out of the thread - maybe we should rename it - are we all due in Autumn(Fall)/Winter - could we rename it Over 35s expecting in Autumn/Winter maybe? xx

Kicking. Amelia has been kicking me in the bladder a lot. I think she's changed positions and is up a bit higher the past few days as it's not so bad. Kinda funny because when she kicks hard I jump and my eyes are wide opened. Doug laughs but hey! It's not everyday you have a life growing inside you. It's an odd feeling sometimes.:haha: One that I love though!:happydance::thumbup::cloud9:

Personally, I prefer the idea of sticking together in the group and re-naming it. Otherwise I think it's difficult when you're just getting to know someone and then expect them to move on when they reach 3rd tri, and also if there's lots of new people coming in constantly then it's hard to keep track. But, that's just my view - what do others think? x

My experience with other threads in other forums suggests that people become more attached to the specific group. I expect over time that many groups of 35+ ladies will start group threads and this one will drop into the archives. It isn't really that big of a deal to follow a couple of threads for a few weeks or so since I am following several now. :haha:

Now that I have listed reasons for each choice, either option works for me. We can rename this one or I can start a third trimester thread in the next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->