Avalon

MrsWez

Mom of Jonathan TTC#2
Reaction score
Since section is open, I thought I could share my story as I didn't feel right posting in the other loss sections.

I was 19 and had been with my OH for 2 years when we found out we were expecting. It was a surprise, but I was so happy. He wasn't, but he hated the the thought of being responsible (what was I thinking?!) Anyway the pregnancy continued wonderfully, very little morning sickness, I was healthy and no one could tell I was pregnant as I had lost weight by staying fit. We found out it was a girl and picked the name Avalon Madeline. On December 20th I started having severe cramps. My OH was out of town. I called my Dr. and she said she wanted me to come in the next day and to not worry until then. Overnight the pain got worse, mainly in my back. I tried to fall asleep but it was too painful. I eventually went to the ER. My water broke on the table as they were examining me and then said nothing could be done to save her as I was 20 weeks.

A few hours later she was born. There was an unnatural eerie empty feeling to the room. She looked beautiful and perfect to me. She looked like any other baby but was born way too soon. I just held her and cried and told her I was sorry I didn't protect her and I loved her. The hospital took her before I was discharged to run tests. I never saw her again. I didn't get a picture or a certificate or anything. I left empty handed. I don't know what happened to her. I try not to think about it. The nurse said they wouldn't issue a birth or death certificate because of her gestational age and why would I want a picture of a dead "fetus". But they would note it in my file. I am still very very angry about it because to them it's as if she never existed. She is a "late miscarriage." It was later determined that she was born because I have an incompetent cervix. OH was indifferent. We split shortly after.

She was healthy. I never stop thinking about her. I have had three losses since but with a great man who will make a great Dad. I still dream of the day I will hold a live baby in my arms.

Avalon would be turning 7 in a couple months. She is loved and missed. :angel:

Thank you for sharing this story, I am very sorry for your loss, I wish you and your husband the best for the future, continue to remain strong!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss hun and also that the hospital were so horrid about everything.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to not get photos of your daughter :-(

iam so sorry hun, this happened to me as well but i was only 17weeks into the pregnancey. it s the worst thing i have ever been through:hugs:

Hi Hun.. I'm so sorry about ur baby girl. I delivered my baby boy at 16 weeks just six weeks ago. I too left the hospital without a photo.. The nurse told me 'it would not help me to heal' if I took a photo. I wish I did. Big hugs to u for being so strong. I'm sorry u have felt such heartbreak Xo

Sorry for ur loss of ur precious girl :hugs:

:kiss: for avalon x

Hi Hun.. I'm so sorry about ur baby girl. I delivered my baby boy at 16 weeks just six weeks ago. I too left the hospital without a photo.. The nurse told me 'it would not help me to heal' if I took a photo. I wish I did. Big hugs to u for being so strong. I'm sorry u have felt such heartbreak Xo

That really truly sucks How does she know what would help you???

Our hospital were good on that front. It makes me angry that others are not

Thats appalling I can't beleive the nurse acted that way its your choice to make not hers its a shame some hospitals act this way whilst others bend over backwards to make sure your time with your baby is spent how you want it. Sending big :hugs: your way. x

:hugs: that sterrible you didn't get to see and spend time with your baby, its very important,. it doesn't make it easier, but it was comforting to see that they look at peace and basically asleep...

:kiss: for your babies xx avalon and cla xx

I was given the same excuse on why they did not take a picture. I was so overwhelmed at the time, I didn't fight. I regret that.

I'm very sorry for what you have been through, and I think it is horrible that they didn't let you spend time with her.

They really don't know what will help/hurt you, so I think they should have let you decide what you wanted to do in that regard.

We had a professional from Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep do a photo shoot the night that Devon died. We got the cd of the photos back about 3 weeks ago, but I haven't looked at it yet... I'm just not ready to yet. But I am glad that I at least have that option. I was also allowed to hold her as long as I wanted, and we did a funeral for her as well. So although I don't think there is anything fortunate about this whole occurence, I am fortunate that I had that time with her while she was alive, after she died, and I have photos of her, her footprints, her receiving blanket and a hat she wore. I also have her birth/death certificate.

I am so sorry you don't have any of this, as I think it is so important.

Big :hug: to you, and I hope you are able to feel peace eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->