Average Costs?

i totally agree! as soon as i am pregnant (or at least 12 months pregnant) i will start buying stuff on amazon mom for cheaper or wherever else i can get it cheap with free shipping, especially diapers and wipes, even breast pads and things like that. I have no problem stocking up on things when the time comes :haha:

i totally agree! as soon as i am pregnant (or at least 12 months pregnant) i will start buying stuff on amazon mom for cheaper or wherever else i can get it cheap with free shipping, especially diapers and wipes, even breast pads and things like that. I have no problem stocking up on things when the time comes :haha:

even if i want to start getting stuff now :blush::blush:

even if i want to start getting stuff now :blush::blush:

Soon it'll be your turn too! :hugs: (maybe even at the same time as me!)

Soon it'll be your turn too! :hugs: (maybe even at the same time as me!)

:hugs: yeah maybe :D would be nice to experience pregnancy with a few women on here :D xx

How is everyone else planning for the loss of earnings while on maternity leave, then childcare costs thereafter?

Im quite lucky that i can work around having a LO, i dont know how i'd cope otherwise

nice! Although I bet it gets a bit boring sometimes does it?

yeah very much so, u get sick of looking at the same 4 walls lol

I got cloth nappies, no one told me though if you have a small baby they will not fit in them until they grow so we could not use them right away. Then once we started I got a few infections in my c-section so stopped until I got better and then decided it was way too much hassle. I had a big ish cloth stash though. My son is still BF and he is 9 months tomorrow but because it is so hard the first few months I ended up buying bottles and different pumps (until I found the right on) because I expressed a lot once he was about 3 weeks until 4-5 months.

I would say to bare in mind what family may buy. We have had 3 pushchairs (once again until we found the right one) and my FIL bought the first, a friend gave us ther old one as a second and my MIL bought the one we have now. I did think no one would get anything when he was born and not only did he get a lot then and utterly spoiled at Xmas but every time I see my MIL she has a big bag of (baby gap, pumpkin patch, Ben Sherman and ect) clothes for him.

We have a list under $1,000 for all nursery furniture and furnishings and plan to save at least three months rent ($4500) by the time a baby is born. Ideally, we'll have saved closer to $10,000.

Ahh!! My friend recommended me a pushchair called Bugaboo (I think thats how it's spelt). She has the same health problems that I do. The problem she had with pushchairs, is that if she lent on the handlebars, the chair instantly tipped over. With our health problems, it would be great to be able to lean on the handlebars and not risk the chair going over. She said the great thing about the Bugaoos are that when you lean on the handles, the chair doesn't tip forward/over. But looking on Mothercare, they range from £400 - £800, Jesus! I think her mother bought hers.

I got cloth nappies, no one told me though if you have a small baby they will not fit in them until they grow so we could not use them right away.
That's a really good point! I'm hoping to buy as many pre-loved as possible (upgrading to a few new ones later on maybe), but hadn't thought about getting them really small for the first few weeks, would hate not being able to use them! :(

my list comes to 1.5k... and i already have
all the bath stuff - talc, shampoo, lotion, bodywash, cotton wool, some wipes, baby clothes hangers, sudo cream, vasaline. couple of teething rings, bottle brushes,400 nappy sacks, bottle warmer, sterlizer x2, moses basket.
3 blankets
6 baby grows (0-3)
16 vests (0-3)
3 hats
10 bibs
7 vests (3-6)
2 day outfits
2 new born jackets
6 tiny baby baby grows
3 tiny baby vests
booties
bath towel and mitton
4 pairs of mittons
4 burp cloths
dummies
nail scissor set
comb and brush set
and a few more bits
that all came to £152 most from asda's and few bits from for sale section on here :)

yes i no i have alot for TTC but wont be getting no more till :bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"