average time to get pregnant when ntnp?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi all.
Isabelle is 20 weeks and we have decided to stop my pill today.
We have said we will ntnp until her first birthday and if not caught by then we will try with ovulation kits.

What is the average time getting caught this way? Pros and Cons?
We got caught with Isabelle when i was taking two contraceptive pills so this makes me believe i amvery fertile etc.

I had an operation yesterday and my healing time is 4-6 weeks so we won't be dtd until after then, but this gives me time to come off my medication that causes terrible birth defects.

Also why do people chose this way over ttc?

Thank x

people do it because it means less pressure than properly trying and being disappointed i suppose:), i dont know average time as everyones different but usually if people havent got pregnant within a year then they seek medical advice:)

It was the same reason for me and my partner i dont want to obssess over it too much as i dont think the stress will help at all. but i know when my fertile days are etc.

Thing is there is no average time. Every one is different.

We've been NTNP since LO was 10 or 12 weeks old, I don't remember exactly. I'm not pregnant yet. I'm exclusively breastfeeding though, so probably not ovulating yet.

We're NTNP instead of TTC because I'm trying to leave the timing in God's capable hands. Plus I tend to obsess, and I'd obsess a lot more if I were TTC properly, which I think would freak my husband out :haha:

I am NTNP because my first month TTC I became way too obssesed! Ended up getting way too stressed and threw my cycle off. Now Im just letting whatever happens happen. I am in the begining of my NTNP journey but my doctor said most people conceive within 6-9 months. Really its just a matter of timing, and for some it just takes that long for everything to happen at the right time.

Ah ok, thanks girls.
Were undecided whether to ttc or ntnp atm. Think we may not prevent for a few months then try if no luck.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->