Aversion to pickles?

RebeccaR19

Reaction score
I can't believe it, but after excitedly biting into a pickle (because I normally love them). I spit it back out. I couldn't stand the taste. I then tried another kind of pickle to see if maybe that was the problem and I couldn't eat it either.

Pickles are my favorite, and it looks like I won't be craving them this pregnancy! Usually you hear of people craving pickles during pregnancy. I can't be the only one. Anyone else finding pickles to be gross now?

I'm OBSESSED with pickles--seriously!! When I was pregnant with my first (daughter) I too, spit out every bite I attempted. A few times I got so irritated knowing I couldn't eat my pickles for that pregnancy that I forced myself to eat them out of spite (haha, real mature of me:blush:) PUKED them all up. EVERY. TIME.

With my second pregnancy (boy) I ate them every day without a problem and actually increased my pickle intake with the fierce salt cravings I was having with him.

This current pregnancy thats all I want to eat, PICKLES, HOT PEPPERS, AND OLIVES, guessing this one is a boy, aswell. I shall see.

So, in conclusion, you may just be carrying a girl--I could be wrong. P.S I did a pickle thread about a pickle binge I went on, haha.

I can't relate to the pickle thing (my 4 year old is obsessed with them tho!) but I can relate to being disgusted by your favorite food. For me it's chocolate. I live for chocolate. First thing in the morning even, I need something chocolatey. But right now I don't even want to look at it. I was the same when pregnant with DD, but the obsession returned the day I gave birth. So maybe pack a jar of pickles in your hospital bag :)

calm81- I ate pickles like candy when I was pregnant with my son. So, it will be interesting to see if I am actually having a girl this time!

I have always wondered if food cravings have anything to do with gender. And not just like everyone who likes pickles is having a boy, but just the fact that your body and your cravings might be different based on gender.

I can't wait to see what you're having.

I'm curious about mine, also. If I end up having a daughter after all the pickles I've eaten thus far, I can just start saying my first was just picky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->