awake in the day?

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
How long are your LOs awake in the daytime?? Jasmine seems to be in the habit of being awake almost all day now... She wakes up at 7-8am, has a couple short cat naps throughout the day and is asleep in bed by around 9

.... but she isnt sleeping through the night either, she has a few times, but now she isnt and last night she was awake 3 times, 2 times to feed and then once for nothing really and im used to her only getting up once... been like that since she was 3 weeks.... I think she may have been going through a growth spurt.

Renah is usually awake from 11:30-5 or 6, wakes for a bit at 8 then we wake her at 10, goes asleep at 12:30. When she's not being difficult like the last couple days, that is.

the better they sleep during the day, the better they will sleep at night. Try giving her quiet time before her naps. Addison was the same, and since I have started doing that, she has been sleeping ALOT better

Ya, I know, she used to sleep really well during the day until a couple days ago, I dont know if she is teething or not. But now I cannot get her to sleep or stay asleep for longer then 30mins. I tried putting her anywhere to nap, ive tried napping with her in our bed and everywhere and she just wont stay asleep.

Lola is pretty much awake all day. :lol:
She wakes up at around 7.30 and then sleeps for 45 minutes at noon and another hours in late afternoon and then off to bed at 10.30.

Obviously I can't give you much advice since I don't know what to do myself when it comes to sleeping.

Elliot's really fighting his naps now, but if i dont make him nap he gets over tired, grumpy and is hard to settle at night. He doesn't want to miss out on anything, its a nightmare when out as he keeps looking around! he'll nod off in his pushchair eventually though.

seth sounds alot like jasmine, but he more or less sleeps through the night, then he has a good nap in the morning.

seth sounds alot like jasmine, but he more or less sleeps through the night, then he has a good nap in the morning.

They are pretty much the same age too.

yes fin is just like this, the last week or two he has been awake in the day most of the time with maybe three 40 min naps, he does go to bed at 7 ish, but he still wakes a couple of times in the night.

x

yeah they are. seth has his good days/nights, and his not so good, if you know what i mean.

Chase is changing a bit but could also be because my other kids have been home from school the past weeks so the quietness of the day isn't here right now.

Chase wakes up at around 5 am for a bottle, goes back to sleep until 7 or 8. Around 10:30 he gets tired and dozes with a bottle for about 1/2 hour to an hour. By 12:30 he has another power nap and around 2 another one. Another one around 5 or 6 and then in bed between 8 and 9.

The holidays must have gotten to him though as he had a nice long nap from 2 until 5:30 yesterday, had a bath around 6:30 and was in bed at 7:30.

Infants can go through different phases. Hunter went through a no nap phase before. It lasted for about a month and then he was back to taking naps. It is true that the better they nap, the better they sleep at night. However, waking up several times at night is very normal for an infant, espically a 2 month old. They don't sleep like adults, and have needs that happen in the middle of the night. Sometimes they just need to check in with mom/dad. There are some infants that do sleep through the night, but thats rare. Infants that little should be fed every 3ish hours. If you want to get your baby to sleep better in the day you could try wearing them in a carrier of some sort, using white noise like the hum of a fan or radio static, playing lullabys, singing while rocking, etc. Hope you find something that works for you, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->