awkward pumping situation and a couple other questions for Mommas who work full time

caitlyn2009

Reaction score
So I am back to work pretty much full time now and I can already see that I am not keeping up with my baby very well. I dont feel like this is a supply issue. I think it has to do with the enviroment that I am working/pumping in. It is very hard to find the time to pump as often as I need to. I also do not have a private place to pump. i have to do it in my shared office using my breastfeeding cover. because of this, i often find myself hesitating to pump when i should because it just seems like a big deal with someone there "observing". How do you working mommys get it done and what can i do to give my supply a boost? please help because if this keeps up we are heading for supplimentation and the thought of that makes me feel like a failure :(
thanks Ladies!

My place of employment provides a locked, private room for me to pump in without being disturbed. It's a paper/box storage room but it's locked and private nonetheless! :haha: I am so sorry that yours doesn't provide a private space for you to pump! I'm not sure about your state laws but in my state(WY), legally they have to provide a place to pump that is not a bathroom.

When I first came back to work, I wasn't responding as well to the pump as I did to the baby(like most women) and my supply dropped slightly. I started taking fenugreek capsules and that helped a LOT! I was taking 6, 610mg capsules a day and my supply boosted by about 4-5oz more than what I was producing a day! I also eat a bowl of oatmeal every single day and drink a ton of water. I'm talking like, at least a gallon of water a day.

Good luck, lady! :flower: Working full time and pumping for your baby is a tough job but worth it! I have been back to work for three months, my baby is 6 months old and he is still breastfeeding. But you know... if you find that it is not working out for you and you aren't making enough for baby after trying everything you can to boost production, it's not the end of the world if baby has to have some formula. You would most definitely NOT be a failure! If you are letting you child go hungry and not making sure all his needs are met, THEN you would be failure.

There is a private room for pumping moms at my work. I'm really lucky; it's a nice room. Is there any possible room you could use that would be private? You need to be comfortable to respond to the pump, so it the lack of privacy is probably the problem.

I end up pumping in the toilets as we have no spare rooms at school aside from the staff room which is always full. It's not ideal but it's the way it is. I also struggle with time as I only have a 45 minute lunch break (no others) and I have to set up for the afternoon in that time and eat my lunch. I wish I had a solution to offer you! Maybe speak to your boss?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->