Awkward rant..but what else is bnb for;)

Abii

Mommy to 5 perfect kids & #6 otw♡
Reaction score
This might be long because its a rant so bare with me if you can.
This month marks 9 months that my husband and I have been trying for our 2nd child. I am currently waiting to O but I found out something that kind of ruffled my feathers.
My husband admitted to me at the beginning of this cycle that he masturbates alot..I wasn't expecting to hear that because I thought he was getting enough from me but apparently not. After he told me that it got me thinking that because of his maturating is the reason why we haven't conceived yet so I decided to google it and of course it pretty much confirmed that if he masturbates too much it obviously lowers his count.
It made me feel really discouraged because I have been trying everything to make my body healthy and ready for another pregnancy. I was so heated after he told me that I just snapped and said its not fair that I have been doing everything I can but yet he just gets to do anything he wants and claim hes all in. I would think its common sense to know your sperm count takes time to build back up and that you shouldn't masturbate if your ttc(or if you do, not every freakin day) so thats why I got so mad about it because I kind of felt like it was a betrayal. After that heated argument he promised not to masturbate this cycle and so far he hasn't, he actually comes to me now when he feels the urge to and Im happy with that. Now Im just keeping my fx'd that this will do the trick so we will see.
Anyway thanks for listening to my very awkward rant, I just dont have anyone to talk to or anywhere I can post this without feeling embarrassed:dohh:

bless him, well atleast he atmitted to you, and you can go from there!
Goodluck this cycle xx

Atleast he was honest with you hun, that's the most important thing. It's also natural just not good for TTC, so good for him in trying to stop for the sake of little bean. :hugs:

I don't think his masturbation has anything to do with whether or not you're giving him any. It's just a stupid guy thing. It's not that weird to post here.. basically goes with the forum topic.

I think being mad about it is justified though. He waited 9 months to admit it. Maybe he should Google things he can eat or do to boost his sperm count as an attempt to make it up to you.

Okay so this is a big thing in my household! My husband was single and sex free for TEN YEARS before met. Lots of alone time if you get my drift. It wasn't easy to transition to relationship sex instead of masturbation. It used to make me worry that I wasn't fulfilling his needs. Until I realized the more sex we have the more he masturbates! We talked about it a lot, and decided maybe the more we have sex the more he thinks about it and the more he wants it. Honestly he would be fine with five times a day I think! We also talked to his doctor and my OBGYN who both said contrary to common thought online, and otherwise, that frequent ejaculation is not harmful. As long as his sperm, and he as well, are healthy. Then frequent ejaculation is perfectly fine and can be good for him.

His sperm count in his SA, after 48 hours of abstaining, was twice the normal range and his doctor attributed it to frequent ejaculation. And said it was good news.

Guys masterbate, it's a guy thing. If you're having regular sex I really don't think you have much to worry about. I don't think you can dictate to someone whether they do or not. We are also TTC our second and I know my OH masterbates. It only really annoys me if he's done that instead of have sex with me. If he does it and still has sex with me then what's the harm. It never occurred to me before that it might affect sperm count, I figure if your OH has normal levels it probably won't affect you TTC.

We haven't had an sa done for him so its just precautionary in-case he does have count problems.
This cycle is all or nothing because we will be taking a break next cycle so I asked him to refrain from masturbating until after ovulation at least, its not like Im asking him to never do it again, but for the purposes of us ttc he told me he would refrain and so far hes been doing really good.
We are following the smep so we are having sex every other day(for now until I get a +opk then it'll be everyday). I know its good for him to ejaculate often but I also heard doing it too often can lower his count so Im just trying to do what I think is best.
Thanks for all of your responses

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"