Babies behind bars

No, the title alone makes me anxious.

V xxx

Im not sure what i think about it, i think its great if it lowers the % of women reoffending and if they dont have long left on their sentance and have proven to be changing via different groups run but from what i understand you can have 16months left and go into the baby unit which i dont think is fair.

This made me so CROSS. I agree that its a great thing as many ladies dont re offend but what piss*d me off totally is that one of them had 3 children already in care, 2 children with various people and another on the way whilst she was still flaunting being a criminal and going to give birth in prison! The other one already had 8 kids (I think) and didnt know if the father was her boyfriend or husband and expected her mother to take the baby on along with the ones she was already looking after.
Then, the 20 year old had the audacity to get upset and say that she hates being locked up 12 hours a day and feels shes treated like a child, errrrrrr stop committing crimes then and you wouldnt be there. I got the impression she was expecting a place on the baby unit just to have an easier life, nice room, cot, things to do, let out more often and a child to take care of. She said the baby wouldnt even care if it was in prison as it wouldnt know!
I could go on, it was as bad as strangeways and that riles me right up as well!
x

This made me so CROSS. I agree that its a great thing as many ladies dont re offend but what piss*d me off totally is that one of them had 3 children already in care, 2 children with various people and another on the way whilst she was still flaunting being a criminal and going to give birth in prison! The other one already had 8 kids (I think) and didnt know if the father was her boyfriend or husband and expected her mother to take the baby on along with the ones she was already looking after.
Then, the 20 year old had the audacity to get upset and say that she hates being locked up 12 hours a day and feels shes treated like a child, errrrrrr stop committing crimes then and you wouldnt be there. I got the impression she was expecting a place on the baby unit just to have an easier life, nice room, cot, things to do, let out more often and a child to take care of. She said the baby wouldnt even care if it was in prison as it wouldnt know!
x

I don't think the 20 year was having a baby for an easy time,she seemed very upset at her baby going into care as she didn't get a place on the baby unit...maybe its just me but I felt she maybe deserved a place more than some of the others...she was doing all she could to shortern her sentence and get 'clean'.xx

x

I don't think the 20 year was having a baby for an easy time,she seemed very upset at her baby going into care as she didn't get a place on the baby unit...maybe its just me but I felt she maybe deserved a place more than some of the others...she was doing all she could to shortern her sentence and get 'clean'.xx

I think the 20year old should of got a place she seemed soo soo upset abut not being able to keep her baby, however that bush lady who has loads already non with her before being arested should not of been let in there

no no, I didnt mean that:

"I got the impression she was expecting a place on the baby unit just to have an easier life"

I meant, she wants the place to have an easy time while shes in prison. There was no doubt she wanted her baby and seemed happy with her partner etc but sobbing because she was in there in the first place was her own fault and she shouldnt just expect a placement to make life easy while shes in there.

Amazing baby unit though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->