Babies due in JUNE!

@Sadie - The NP said I could go at any time, now that I'm in the 38+ week window. It's more friends and family who are saying that I'll go early, and that's mostly based on my size. I have dropped and I'm walking/carrying differently so people are starting to place bets. The general guess is that I'll go by this weekend but I personally don't have any "feel" for when Little Girl will arrive. If the old wives' tale about having your best night's sleep over the night before going into labor has any truth to it, I swear this baby is never coming out!

I love how people place bets on delivery! Tell them to collect money and the winner has to share it with the baby! My dog's groomer told me I was going last wekk!

Also, a woman in starbuck's was practically arguing with me when she said, "Boy?" and I told her it was a girl!

Anyway, I continue to repeat myself as if I am speaking to the God of Fertility..... Please let mine stay inside until the evening of the 11th. :)

What's on the maternity leave agenda for this week? i have to go to the apple store today to the genius bar. i tried to save files to an external hard drive from two macs and now the itunes library is completely missing from one computer and when I ry to reload it, the computer tells me there isnt enough space. Grrrr.

Ah! Any one have any experience with one of those after birth hip retightening things? I dont even know what it is called but it helps your hips regain their former shape.....

I'm trying to put together a list each day to keep myself focused on doing something more than just lounging on the couch. There's plenty of little things that have been lingering around for a long time and I want to make some headway checking them off, a little each day.

Today's Plan:
- Call AFLAC to follow-up on hospital and maternity coverage
- Thank you notes
- Follow-up on lawn service (the HOA cited us for our pitiful grass)
- Top-off the water in the fish tank (the dripping noise kept me up last night)
- MASSAGE!!!

I have experience with the band that wraps around your tummy. I can seriously vouch for that velcro wrap helping me to flatten and recover faster. Yes, I had a C/S, but it'll help anyone 'pull in' much sooner than later. It's like the best kept secret out there.

I'd imagine that the hip wrap also helps, but I'm trying to get mine to go out- so I won't be using it. lol.

I'm trying to put together a list each day to keep myself focused on doing something more than just lounging on the couch. There's plenty of little things that have been lingering around for a long time and I want to make some headway checking them off, a little each day.

Today's Plan:
- Call AFLAC to follow-up on hospital and maternity coverage
- Thank you notes
- Follow-up on lawn service (the HOA cited us for our pitiful grass)
- Top-off the water in the fish tank (the dripping noise kept me up last night)
- MASSAGE!!!

My list is:
  • Straighten closet
  • print out labels for announcements

I'm running out of things to nest!:happydance:

SS, can u suggest a specific brand for the belly band?

i have to say, I cant stand the optimum commercial with the couple that are new parents and how they post on FB, etc. Dont know why, but it just annoys me.

I got my bands from the hospital, but here's some very similar ones on Amazon (search hip binder or abdominal binder):
  • Generic binder <-- Mine looks like exactly
  • Belly band by Gabriella

I just got myself (okay, Little Girl) a Mamaroo off of eBay! My friend swears by it for her son so I thought I'd see if I could get a used one. I'm hoping she likes it so I can have her rest/nap in it in the living room.

Doctor wants me induced next week. The two ultrasounds I had (one on 33 weeks and the other is 37 weeks) is showing she is not growing at a pace as she should be. "off the chart" they call it. But she is growing. I am just alittle confused because she is gaining weight and all that. just that her stomach or head or whatever is not growing as fast so they think there is something wrong with the placenta. I want to be denial and think I just having a small baby. my son was 6 lb 3 oz after his due date And she is already estimated bigger than my son at 37 weeks.

Better to be safe, hun. Baby is now full term, so i say go for it! Do you have a date set?

WSS^

They could just be being cautious but, at 39wks odd there are plenty of women who go into labour naturally and all goes well. So I will keep my fingers firmly crossed that once your LO is born all is ok and they were being safe rather than sorry.

yes, 12th but I keep wondering if it is emergency, she wouldn't set it 6 days from now, can't see how waiting couple more days would hurt. especially when I can feel her moving and the non-stress test shows her heart is beating just fine.

If they were that concerned you would be n today or tomorrow at the latest having a c-section. Fingers crossed all goes well for you on Tuesday hun.:hugs:

I agree with everyone else Deafgal, they are just being cautious. Drs. much prefer being safe than sorry. I can't say I blame them...

I hope I go into labor naturally before that, then I know she is ready to come out. I really do not want to deal with all that chemicals they planned on using such as cervidil (spelling?) They are expecting me to stay over night for that and be induced in the morning (not to mention bills... It would save me a lot if I went natural)

Fx'ed for you....I hope my bubba opts for an earlier/less-chemical route too. But, not holding my breath. It seemed like he was gonna come, but has since changed his mind.

@Deafgal - You and I are in almost the exact same situation but for the opposite reason. My doctors are concerned about Little Girl's measurements being too big (specifically head and abdomen).

After today's appointment, the plan is to induce next weekend (40 weeks). I was given the option of Friday or Monday and opted for Monday since I want Little Girl to have every chance to arrive on her own. The plan would be to check into the hospital on Sunday evening. They would administer a 12-hour dose of the cervidil overnight and then the piton on Monday morning. One positive is that my parents will be able to travel up in time and my mom might be able to help out as a support during labor. I will admit there's a bit of disappointment about the whole thing, but whatever it takes for Little Girl to arrive safe and sound....

Exactly! Safe if the key word here.

Doctors are strange. Two weeks ago, doc told me baby measured about 7lbs 11oz, legs were at 40w. Last week (38w), baby was measuring at 7lbs 5oz and legs were still at 40w.

I joked and said she was shrinking. He laughed, told me not to worry, that ultrasounds are off by a pound up or down.

Tomorrow is my 39w appt. It will be interesting to see where she is at.

And I finally decided on a name, DH agreed even tho months ago he shrugged when I suggested it and I dont care how common it is..... 1100 born in NYS last year, but who cares!!! It's perfect for Italy, not common there at all. Lets hope I dont change my mind again once she is born. Vivian, which was on my list from day one, just isnt doing it for me. Audrey, although I love the name, just wont work so well in Italy. Other choices were Gabriella, Gisella, and Silvia. Either DH turned them down or I just couldnt see it. Anyway, Thats the way it goes atm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->