Babies need VESTS beneath their clothes? Had no idea!

TrixieLox

Reaction score
I didn't realise I needed to get vests too to pop under her clothes!? Or do I in the summer? Arghhhhhh! So confusing, this clothing malarkey!

Yeah you usually put vests/bodysuits under sleepsuits, outfits etc. They come in long sleeved and sleeveless too! But it's all weather dependant, you just have to play it by ear. :D

Yeah I always use a vest if its super hot in summer i only put a vest on baby, if anything they hold the nappy up :)

Cripes! So shall I just buy a multipack of, say, 6 plain white vests newborn then? Will that do?

Here , we call them onesie I didn't know what a vest was until I searched it up on the Internet (keywords:baby vest uk) I was visualizing a vest that you wear in a male suit and was wondering why babies need to wear a vest?? But some little boys do wear little vest. And here is a faux vest onesie lol :https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CJI404I/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

Yes for sure. Weather dependant of course. Our son lived in just vests socks for the first couple of months as he was a summer baby - as lovely as some of these little outfits can be, in hot weather they are just irritating for them. Thereafter he always wore vests under clothes x

Oh and I never made my Little ones wear an onesie under her clothes unless their clothes is meant to have something under it (that is they will look incomplete without some kind of under clothing such as bib overall) or they will be in a cold air conditioning especially if they have low body weight

We have a LOT of vests specifically because baby is due end of july and it'll be warmer then so baby will probably spend most her time in them, lol.

I didn't know this either until my mum told me I needed them a few weeks ago!

I also kinda hoped that nappies came with fitting instructions on the packet, apparently not!

I sometimes wonder how I'm gonna care for this baby!!

I also kinda hoped that nappies came with fitting instructions on the packet, apparently not!

Its definitely worth having a go at putting nappies on a doll/cat/dog (lol) before the birth so you know how to!

Its definitely worth having a go at putting nappies on a doll/cat/dog (lol) before the birth so you know how to!

All my mum keeps saying is 'it comes naturally' but I can't help but I'm not so sure!!

I think my cat would murder me if I tried to put a nappy on her!

I second this! I've done loads of nappies before but Hubbie hasn't so I had him practise on a teddy bear :thumbup: I gave him no instructions and he got it right first time (except for not doing the elastic up tight enough), so proud!

I'd only put vests on underneath in winter, personally. I don't think it's needed in summer (though saying that, the British summer....)

Hmm I am beginning to wonder maybe uk clothing are made differently. Most baby clothing here are onesie/vest , at Ieast the tops are .they just decorate it to make it look like an outfit

Hmmm....I also didn't know this until reading your thread....

I also didn't know a vest was the same thing as a onesie here in the US.....

Lol iv got like 20 vests, I can guarantee u will have to threw a few away because at some point they have a runny nappy a by god does the vest get it n I its really bad it air washing out so its for the bin! But iv bought most stuff clothes wise in 0-3 months so il deff need them, I use at bare minimum 2 vests a day 1 when get up in the morning and dressed and then a fresh one at night with a fresh baby grow as I said that's bare minimum if baby doesn't pee it or poop it lol xx

Mine have never been without a vest while in nappies. Even on a hot day which is very rare here, it would be the outer layer to come off and vest to remain. They hold up the nappies anyway.

And regarding the instructions on nappies. Myself and my partner were in the hospital after having our first. She was born at around 5am. She had a bit of a feed in the delivery room and we went back to the room. At 10am the two of us were still looking in staring at her in the cot. The midwife comes in and asks how much she had fed. Fed? We didn't feed her. We didn't realise we had to wake her to feed her. They asked if she had a soiled nappy. Nappy? We never changed that either. lol. We had NO clue what to do. When we went to change the nappy we didn't know which way around the sticky labels went. We had to ask.

Is it bad that I don't even know how to pick out diapers? They all have babies on the package....I have no idea which is what...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->