Babies Surname

Gems

Reaction score
Anyone out there living with their OH but arent married... will you be giving baby your surname or the OH's surname?

We own a house together and love each other to bits but have no plans to marry and ive been thinking about our babies surname and wheather it take my name or the OH's

x

I'm moving in with my oh this week but defo no plans to get married for a long time. Baby is having his surname though

yeah, we talked about this quite early on and decided to double barrel our Bubbas sir name. :)

I reckon i will go with the OH's surname, and fingers crossed he may propose before LO arrives !!

My baby will have its daddy's surname and i want to have the same as them asap, so will be hopefully getting married next year

I'm married but have retained my maiden name. The baby will be given DH's surname

We aren't married but I am giving the baby my OH's surname, well most definitely. It's complicated because he wants to change his surname, so he needs to do it before the baby is born. We'll see....

Well I'm not with babys daddy but it will be having his surname not mine, we talked about double barrell but I don't think we'll be going for that.

i live with my OH but no plans as yet 2 marry but we will be giving it his surname as we will be getting married one day

Our daughter is going to have my OHs surname.
It's much nicer and I'm a bit of a traditional lass.
We were due to get married before but we found out I'd be ready to drop on the wedding day hehe so called it off lol.

I've delivered OH an ultimatum. If we aren't married it has my surname. (I have awful surname)Therefore we will marry sometime before August! Yippee!! :)
Sound strange? Well, his sis has son by prev relationship who has surname a. She is now with another fella and has gorgeous twins who have his surname b. She has surname c though until they're married. Also I have a friend in school admissions who told me that if baby doesn't have father's surname then mum must sign all docs etc pertaining to LO. So another reason.
I'm lucky tho, I've never dreamed of a big wedding. Mind you, it was always planned to be on an exotic beach somewhere but would be difficult to plan with timing for flying and of course finances. We're just going to get hitched on the QT one weekend in London.And have a weekend just for us and bump. Will be just as special and romantic for me and will give me memories to treasure.

Me and oh arent married, mite do one day but no plans yet (we are engaged tho) and both my kids have his surname.

My hubby and I have been together for almost 10 years. (We were engaged once, but long story.) Anyhow, both of my children have his surname. I see nothing wrong with it, however, I have a hard time sometimes cause my surname is different than my kids. It's a personal issue, obviously. ROFL

I reckon i will go with the OH's surname, and fingers crossed he may propose before LO arrives !!

Same for me! And I think he will very soon, however even if he doesn't then I know that he will always be a great father and so I have no problem giving the baby Justins last name.

We're married but I kept my maiden name. Baby will have my name!

We never got round to getting married (doing it this winter woohoo) but all the kids have their daddies last name.

my baby will also have daddy's surname. we've no plans to get marreid but I would like to be before baby goes to school. I'd like us all to share one name one day. feels like a "proper" family to me.

Well me and Matt have lived together for a year and a half (we haven't even been together 2 years yet lol) and we're engaged, so it makes sense that the baby takes his name. Even though it is the worst surname ever lol.

xxx

Not getting married but baby will have OH surname. Was looking into changing my name by deed poll but after all the propblems we've had I'm not going to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->