Babies Surname

I'd say if your baby's daddy is being responsible and taking care of mama and baby (even just baby) then he should be offered the opportunity to give the child his surname.

If the dad is a snod and acting like an immature adolescent - give the baby yours. Though the surname is a traditional thing, I think that it ought to be earned (in a sense) as well.

I'm engaged to my OH but I don't know how long it will be till we marry.

LO will have his last name though. I think it means a lot being the first boy on his side to be able to pass the name down to and his family are a close family, where as mine aren't and passing down my name means nothing. I figured I get to carry this baby for 9 months, give birth and feed him which are all really special things so OH giving him his name is really special too.

Im living with my partner, and my baby will have his surname...we are engaged, would be married if we could afford it. The only thing that worries me is that I have another child from a previous relationship, which has my surname, so am considering changing his name to my partners too, I dont really want the kids to have different last names.

Me and the baby's dad are not married or in a relationship.And little IT will have two last names.First mine than his,because his is shorter so that it sounds better....Candler-Scott

My LO has his dads surname..Tradition n all that jazz. We arent married either. I wasnt keen on giving him his dads surname as its didnt go with what I orginally wanted to call Kyle. But ah well!

I don't live with my OH yet but we plan on getting married..

I wanted to do it before the baby was born but who knows.. Pea will be having his name though :)

Anyone out there living with their OH but arent married... will you be giving baby your surname or the OH's surname?

We own a house together and love each other to bits but have no plans to marry and ive been thinking about our babies surname and wheather it take my name or the OH's

x

OH and i actually moved in together today. (although we do plan on getting married, we are actually engaged :)) The baby will have his last name. You can always hyphenate it and give the baby both of your last names :)

It all depends on wether or not you're getting married...
I'm gonna hyphenate it because I want my child to have my last name.If you two are getting married,you will take your husband surname and no problem,if you're not....

My OH and I have been together 5 years, living together 3 and engaged for almost a year now. We move into our new house at the end of the month so dont really have the money to get married before LO arrives at the end of August. I have decided LO will have OH surname as we do plan to get married, but am seriously considering changing my name by deed poll before LO arrives as I would feel weird having a different surname to my baby

Anyone out there living with their OH but arent married... will you be giving baby your surname or the OH's surname?

We own a house together and love each other to bits but have no plans to marry and ive been thinking about our babies surname and wheather it take my name or the OH's

x

just a word of advice! my babies have their dads names BUT my eldest has not seen his dad for almost 3 years (he is only 3 and 4 months)!(oh and thats his dads choice by the way not his or mine) i decided i wanted to change his name by deed poll but i couldnt without his dads permission so even tho my ex doesnt deserve the privellege i cant change his name!!
im not saying u will break up or n e thing but just remember thats its not easy to change it later on if u want to!!
personally tho i think the babies should have the fathers name in general!

I live with my OH and we've talked about it quite alot as our family names are very important to us. - we decided to give the baby both names. It sounds right too as both our surnames begin with D.

My daughter has her daddy's surname, even if we hadn't been married she would have had his surname unless he hadn't wanted to be involved

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->