Baby Aidens birth story.

Ahren

Reaction score
On the 9th of Feb i went to bed at half 12 but couldn't sleep. At 2 i felt the need to wee urgently so stood up and ran to the loo, as i was running my waters went. As i was 37 weeks it came as a bit of a shock so i ended up sat on the loo shaking like a leaf! I rang the delivery suite and they said not to worry and to come in for half 8 in the morning to be assesed, if things had not progressed they would incude me 24 hours later.

I sat back in bed on three towels and half an hour later i started contracting, although i didn't realise what it was at the time because the pain was only in my pelvis (I had spd throughout pregnancy). At 5am i rang the delivery suite again because the contractions were coming every 3 minutes and lasting 30 seconds. They told me not to come in until they were lasting a minute long.

At half 7 i woke OH and we slowly [by this point i was in agony] got ready to go to hospital for check up. My mum decided to come with us just incase so we stopped on the way to pick her up. It took 40 mins to get to hospital because we ended up stuck in rush hour traffic!

When i got to hospital [9/30] i was sent to the day assesment unit and had to wait in the waiting room for an hour and a half. My mum then went to tell them that my contractions were every 2 minutes so they got me onto a bed. I was adamant i was going to push but kept being told to just breath, they thought i was being a bit over dramatic! I ended up pushing anyway as my body took over. The midwife did an internal examination and her reaction was 'wow! okay' as i was 9 cm dialted.

They moved me into the delivery suite and i had a fantastic midwife. I carried on pushing but got really bad cramp in my leg which was really offputting! I asked for pain relief but there was only time for gas and air which i tried and hated so decided against it. The midwife kept saying 'the only pain relief will be having this baby'. I carried on pushing, whilst adamant i was going to poo! and half hour later Aiden was born at 11.30. He weighed 6lb6. I had a tear and a graze and needed 5 stitches but apart from that i was up and about an hour later. We got let out of hospital at 11 that night and had to send OH to asda to get milk and smaller baby clothes as we didn't expect him to come early! :haha:

I hope my labour's as smooth and quick as yours. Congratulations!
https://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m120/kellymarie69/congratulations-on-your-new-baby-boy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->