baby already measuring small

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
Hi
I had my scan today. went in there thinking they'll changed my date by 4 days at the most, as I have a 32 day cycle, but they changed it by 12 days now making me due November 22nd rather then the 10th I went in with. She said even for the date she gave me baby is small.
I had a feeling from the start that baby would be. I explained to her that I've had bad morning sickness and have barely been able to eat or drink and she said that wouldn't effect baby.
Has anyone else started off with a baby measuring small and had a normal size baby and go to term?
ive had a feeling from the start that this baby will arrive between 34 and 36 weeks.

I'm not sure Hun but didn't want to read and run...I assume everything else was ok? X

thank you, yea I think it was other wise they wouldn't have told me just to book my 20 week scan, not unless they are waiting till I see a consultant as me and baby are high risk anyway.

I'm sure all will be fine hun. I presume they will keep eye on baby with growth scans when do u see ur consultant x

Please try not to panic; those measurements are not super precise. If there was anything to worry, I am sure your doctor would have discussed with you. The LMP dating method is pretty much useless unless you have perfect 28 day cycle. Babies grow at different rates, but before 12 weeks they are basically all the same size. Ask in your next scan appointment. With size not matching your dates they may be able to do more ultrasounds than the one they generally due at 20 weeks. Most doctors now are starting to use ultrasounds before the 12 week period to more accurately date pregnancies and it's a proven fact that when your pregnancy is dated by ultrasound before 12 weeks, more than 80% of women deliver within 1 week of their due date, mostly a week before. Hope you see changes in next scan, even if you don’t, try not to worry; baby will grow on its own pace.

Hi littlesteph

Is this your first scan? Do you know exactly when you ovulated? I normally ovulate around cd18 but this cycle I ovulated cd27. By lmp I should be 6 weeks today but I'm sure I'm only 4 +2. Thats 12 to 13 days different. It is an unusually late ovulation and if I hadn't been tracking it and just taken a hpt I wouldn't have known.

Do you know exactly when you ovulated? If not you can easily be out a few days. I have a well...random period length usually in the low 30's cycle. I can ovulate though anywhere from day 18 to day 28. This baby I ovulated on day 21 or 22 it was. (Temping/charting) So right off the back that would push me a week late to what the doctor would typically go by since I ovulate at least a week later than the 'text book' cases.
So with the first scan he thought I was going to be 7w 4d I believe, and I ended up being 6w 5d. Which made more sense to me due to my ovulation. I showed him my chart and he agreed.
I wouldn't worry too much at this point. Good luck and happy and healthy 9 months

My Dd measured small by a couple of weeks and I was positive of O date. They thought my dates might be wrong but I was sure. She caught up by the 20wks scan and was born full term as planned (I have to have c-sections). Healthy as can be. Seems some are a little slower getting started but generally have a growth spurt in 2nd tri. Good luck. My Dr said measuring small on the first or second u/s especially in first tri is pretty common/normal. Sending happy thoughts your way.

I had exactly the same thing with my second I think it was out by 10 days - I know for sure when I caught. Anyway he ended up being a 10lb baby so yes he caught up and some !

I'm sure all will be fine hun. I presume they will keep eye on baby with growth scans when do u see ur consultant x

I hope so, I haven't heard from them yet, got midwife on the 27th so if I haven't heard then i'll ask her about it consultant then. x

Hi littlesteph

Is this your first scan? Do you know exactly when you ovulated? I normally ovulate around cd18 but this cycle I ovulated cd27. By lmp I should be 6 weeks today but I'm sure I'm only 4 +2. Thats 12 to 13 days different. It is an unusually late ovulation and if I hadn't been tracking it and just taken a hpt I wouldn't have known.

yea it was my 1st scan for this baby. I have no idea when I ovulated, but usually ovulate day 16, which would have been around February 17th, but the dates they have given me gives me an ovulation date of around march 1st. it's pretty unusual for me to ovulate that late, I did get a late positive going on my usual cycles as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->