baby and toddler function on washing machines?

C

cherryglitter

if you have one - do you use it?
what does it actually do?

i've started washing the babies clothes and i've used this setting for the first time. :thumbup:

Its a more intensive wash and also it rinses the clothes more thoroughly to get rid of detergent residues-at least it is on my machine (Beko) xx

Never seen that I want one now!!

to be honest, i haven't really noticed anything different apart from the washing is MEGA soft.

I have a Beko too! I use the "Baby & Toddler" setting for cloth nappies & stained clothes (Since weaning, LO's clothes are covered in orange stains). (I love the "Child Lock" on the Beko!)

how do you do the child lock :rofl:

If it's the same model as mine:-

Under the LCD screen there are four buttons (prewash, extra wash etc), press the 2nd & 4th together for a few seconds "C On" will flash on the LCD screen. This means if the wash selector gets knocked (or turned by little hands) mid cycle, it will carry on with the cycle as normal, or if the cycle has finished, another one cannot be started until 'Child Lock' is taken off. To take it off, press the same buttons again until "C off" appears.

HTH :flower:

ETA: Start the wash cycle first, then put Child Lock on

I really need a child lock on mine, I am fed up of the wash having 2 minutes left and LO setting it to another hour :rofl:

Its a more intensive wash and also it rinses the clothes more thoroughly to get rid of detergent residues-at least it is on my machine (Beko) xx

We have a Hotpoint and the "baby wash" does what summer rain says. We use this setting for washing Arianna's nappies.

Under the LCD screen there are four buttons (prewash, extra wash etc), press the 2nd & 4th together for a few seconds "C On" will flash on the LCD screen. This means if the wash selector gets knocked (or turned by little hands) mid cycle, it will carry on with the cycle as normal, or if the cycle has finished, another one cannot be started until 'Child Lock' is taken off. To take it off, press the same buttons again until "C off" appears.

Yep its like that on mine also; we used to have a hotpoint and the child lock button (just one button) was a smiley face! The kids soon worked out if they pressed it for a few seconds it would switch the child lock off. Our beko has the baby and toddler cycle which we use sometimes; it also has an intensive cycle which is like a more in depth version of that, my OH got some random greasy stains on some of his clothes and I washed them on that without any special stain removers and they were gone; same with when the kids clothes are really stained xx

Yep its like that on mine also; we used to have a hotpoint and the child lock button (just one button) was a smiley face! The kids soon worked out if they pressed it for a few seconds it would switch the child lock off. Our beko has the baby and toddler cycle which we use sometimes; it also has an intensive cycle which is like a more in depth version of that, my OH got some random greasy stains on some of his clothes and I washed them on that without any special stain removers and they were gone; same with when the kids clothes are really stained xx

We use the 'Intensive' for DH's work clothes, he works with particularly hideous chemicals & lots of thick black muck. I sometimes do cloth nappies on 'Intensive' as well. Everything else - quick wash!

Love hotpoint's way of thinking..."What will deter Kids from playing with a washing machine.....I know a Smiley Face! Kids hate them!" :dohh:

since this thread all i've had is ads on here about calgon :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->